US$162
US$96
US$94
  • Restaurant
Savings alert! 14% below average rates

The price you found is 14% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$109/night.

US$83
Savings alert! 18% below average rates

The price you found is 18% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$98/night.

US$89
Bawn Lodge(Chester)
US$73
Savings alert! 11% below average rates

The price you found is 11% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$82/night.

US$116
US$110
Travelocity
US$185
US$154
Orbitz.com
TripAdvisor
1,718 results
All reviewscanal boatreal ale bardinner cruisecanaletto restaurantbusiness roomoverlooking the canalclub roomcity centredinner dancepremier roomcar parkhealth clubspa facilitiesbar pricesno air conbreakfast was buffet stylelovely hotel
Reviewed 8 August 2016

We booked for nights knowing little about Chester, or The Mill. What a lovely surprise on both counts. Our room was, as requested, quiet with the added bonus of a canal view, breakfast and dinner were very good indeed, the staff were great, friendly and efficient and the addition of the really good spa was a bonus. You can dine on the hotels narrow boat, or take tea and float around the canal whist doing so too. The location is great, five minutes into town, about the same to the station, we came by train, and if you chose a walk by the canal there are some great small but significant historic industrial sites on the way to stunning countryside- just FAB. We are diary searching for a return date as there is so much to see in the area.

Room Tip: The hotel straddles the canal via a pedestrian bridge, our room was opposite the main hotel facilities and therefore quite.
  • Stayed: August 2016, travelled as a couple
MillHotel, Guest Relations Manager at The Mill Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 12 August 2016

Dear Angela C

Thank you very much for taking the time to post your review on Trip Advisor following your recent stay at The Mill Hotel & Spa. Thank you sincerely for your positive comments in relation to your experiences with us, I am delighted you had such an enjoyable stay.

We look forward to welcoming you back very soon.

Reviewed 8 August 2016

Stayed here with my Mrs in July for 4 nights. We had a very enjoyable stay. Staff were helpful and friendly in all departments. Lovely breakfast and excellent food served at Bar. Rooms were well cleaned and serviced every day. The hotel was very convenient to city centre. Five minute walk. Enjoyed Chester very much, a very nice historic town with plenty to see and do. We will be back another time.

• Stayed: July 2016, travelled as a couple
MillHotel, Guest Relations Manager at The Mill Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 10 August 2016

Dear James R

Thank you for taking the time to share the experience you have had at The Mill Hotel & Spa.
I am delighted you had such an excellent experience with us and we do look forward to welcoming you back very soon.

Reviewed 8 August 2016

Ideally situated for visiting Chester, within easy walking distance of town centre. Good car parking. Bar meals were good and good choice of local beers. There is a leisure centre with pool. Cheshire outlet centre and Port Sunlight are driving distance. Watch out for speed camera on Hoole Road, busiest one in town!

• Stayed: July 2016, travelled as a couple

Dear jsharrisonfrics

Thank you very much for taking the time to post your review on Trip Advisor following your recent stay with us at The Mill Hotel & Spa.

I am pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay and we look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Reviewed 7 August 2016

I stayed at the Mill Hotel for the one night as I had a meeting in Chester. I picked this hotel as it was close to the train station. Its about a five minute walk away. My room was clean and comfortable but was really quite small.
Breakfast was the normal fry up. My only comment would be to tell the breakfast staff that you can hear everything they say in the kitchen doorway in the restaurant. Reception staff were lovely. looked like there was a canal boat that you could eat in and the bar looked like it was buzzing with a live band. I didn't go in as I was on my own. A perfect stay for me.

• Stayed: July 2016, travelled on business

Dear Darren M

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us at the Mill Hotel & Spa.
I am so pleased to read your review heading 'Perfect Stay' which is the desired experience we strive to provide.

I have passed your comments onto our Food & Beverage Manager regarding your breakfast and please accept my sincere apologies for this rare occurrence.

I do hope we have the pleasure of welcoming you back soon.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 7 August 2016

My partner and I have been to this hotel for the past three years to see in the New Year and have always enjoyed it. This year we decided to go in the summer as well as we like Chester and the surrounding area. Improvements to the bar area of the hotel have worked well, this means there are two restaurants, the Canaletto, fine dining, and the Rialto serving excellent but more basic dishes, which are very reasonably priced. We stayed in a canal side, club class room which was spacious and comfortable. There are several classes of room from standard to the Champagne Suite. The staff are very friendly and the reception manager was very helpful, when we asked to extend our stay for another two nights. Car parking is not too bad, however the larger one can get full but other parking can be found if you ask. Some nights there is entertainment in the Rialto and as this is attached to the bar and open to the public, can fill up quite quickly. There are gym and Spa facilities available as well. All in all a good place to stay, 10minutes walk from the railway station and plenty of buses to many destinations. P.S. it was good to see the owner, Gordon, looking well again.

Stayed: August 2016
1  Thank Colin H

Dear Spurdenutt

Thank you for sharing such wonderful feedback of your Mill Hotel & Spa experience. I am delighted you have experienced yet another enjoyable stay with us.
Our new Rialto Restaurant & Bar is proving very popular especially with its outside seating area during the summer months.

Thank you once again for your comments and we hope to welcome you back again soon.