“Nice cosy place to eat”
Review of The Hut

The Hut
Ranked #59 of 233 Restaurants in Falmouth
Cuisines: British
Good for: Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: The Hut is an intimate candlelit bistro with booth seating and a great selection of fresh seafood on the menu. Including Lemon Sole, Dover Sole, Crab and an amazing Seafood Platter.
Reviewed 16 September 2017

Unusual setting but nice and cosy. We ate there during our stay in Falmouth and found the food to be well cooked and tasty and provided a good choice of menu.
I had Dover Sole which was perfectly cooked and my wife had the Lamb Tagine which had a nice level of spice. Prices weren't too bad we certainly paid more in other restaurants inn the town for food not so well prepared.

Reviewed 15 September 2017 via mobile

We visited on a Thursday evening and enjoyed a fantastic meal with delicious local seafood and a range of other dishes. Great customer service would highly recommend

Reviewed 6 September 2017 via mobile

We recently did a last minute break to Falmouth and thought we would try to get a table at the hut after seeing a couple of positive reviews.

We are glad we did... my other half ordered the goats cheese salad to start and the Dover Sole special while I had the chicken an chorizo broth followed by the lamb tagine.
Helen's starter was better than mine only as the broth was a little tasteless for my liking, but both our mains were delicious! In fact the dover sole special ranked up with the best seafood main that Helen had eaten! My lamb was also full of flavour and i cleared the plate willingly!
Other diners near had ordered the seafood platter and that looked huge! And from the noises being made was delicous too!

Good friendly informal service with the waitresses being attentive but not intrusive...

And as a bonus they were running a special that if you ordered starter and main you had a free dessert - and that was as delicious as the mains!

Highly recommended to try if you're in the area! And we would go back!

Reviewed 6 September 2017

Great experience at the Hut, food to shout about.....
Taking a mid week break in Falmouth and we came across this small hidden restaurant down a side street. Well I'm glad we went in, the food was quite delicious, my wife had the Tagine of lamb which was very nicely presented, with the lamb in one small casserole dish and the couscous in another, which was reported as very nice. On to the the real starring dish which was the "Special" rolled Dover sole with scallops and prawns, this was expertly cooked with fresh seafood flavors, this dish was certainly special.
My advice is to seek out this little gem, I'm sure it will not disappoint.

Reviewed 2 September 2017

On our first evening in Falmouth and wanted to find some good fare after our long journey. Luckily we strolled past The Hut. Intrigued by it's bijou entrance we went in and were immediately struck by it's cosy vibe and warm welcome form the lovely waitress. Each course of our 3 course meal was a winner and I wouldn't hesitate to go there again! All the food was freshly prepared, delicious and, for such a delight, very reasonably priced.