“Delicious fresh seafood in a relaxed and friendly atmosphere”
Review of Rick Stein's Fish

Rick Stein's Fish
Ranked #94 of 257 Restaurants in Falmouth
Price range: US$0 - US$26
Cuisines: British
Good for: Local cuisine, Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Fish and seafood restaurant in Falmouth, with classic fish and chips at the heart of the menu and a selection of Rick Stein’s favourite seafood dishes.
Reviewed 14 September 2015

We had a family lunch here yesterday just before leaving our daughter at Falmouth University. The service was friendly and the kitchen flexible when we asked for one of the dishes to be changed. The food was delicious and reasonably priced. We will be back on our next visit.

Write a ReviewReviews (2,228)

Reviewed 14 September 2015 via mobile

I did come to this restaurant with two vegetarians but the dishes to accommodate these looked excellent. Unfortunately on the starter they ordered the Miss Muffets salad and we did inform the waitress that they were for vegetarians, they arrived complete with bacon. They were exchanged pretty quick well done guys! I opted for the curry main as I had seen it on their website and was looking forward to it... I was expecting a soothing ou if this world as it had Ricks name associated with it , I was a little disappointed. Desert was exceptional. However I think it was good value for money and I will return!

Reviewed 13 September 2015

Had lunch in the restaurant today with my wife, mother and father in law, and expected a great all-round experience. We were warmly welcomed, placed our orders and waited....and waited....and waited. When another couple who came in ten minutes after us, had their meals and left, we thought something was amiss. To be fair to the waitress, she also realised that something was wrong and put our order in again. The food was good and worth waiting for. At the end, however, as the waitress cleared away our plates, she accidentally spilled the mussel juice all over my wife's clothing. I thought the management would have at least offered a reduction in the bill, nearly £80, considering the earlier debacle and the dry cleaning bill we'll incur. We weren't impressed with the service but understand that accidents happen. However, I thought they could have handled this situation better so will not be returning.

Reviewed 13 September 2015

Sarah and I took a drive from our home in Devon to Falmouth to see if we could find a new home for our boat.
We drove through the narrow cobbled streets packed with people on this Saturday lunchtime and found ourselves at Discovery Quay and were delighted to see Rick Steins Fish restaurant as we have always wanted to try his food.
It didn't look very busy so we went in and asked for a table for two, we were offered high tables and chairs in the window or any of the large tables, we were informed that should we sit at a large table and they got busy we would have other people next to us, we took the high tables instead.
We ordered drinks and an appetizer to share of fish goujons before our mains of deep fried haddock for me and grilled plaice for Sarah. Some considerable time went by and the waitress came to us and said our mains were ready but the starter wasn't and did we want the starter with the main! we politely refused and our mains were duly brought to us.
Sarahs plaice was really nice, she asked for some salad instead of mushy peas and got a small amount of lettuce with no dressing, the chips were not great quality and could have been cooked more.
My deep fried haddock was served on top of my chips so hence I now had soggy batter and soggy chips, the mushy peas were quite unpleasant.

All in all our visit was a disappointment, it seems to be another case of riding on the reputation of a chefs famous name when in reality they have nothing to do with it.

We did check the reviews on Tripadvisor before we paid this visit and were puzzled by the high amount of poor and terrible comments, now we know why.

Reviewed 13 September 2015

My daughter thinks Rick Stein is a Very good cook.So we went to his restaurant in Falmouth from London.We were not disappointed!The fish and chips were very good and very fresh.I would like to go again next year!