“Wonderful seafood”

Hunkydory Restaurant
Ranked #5 of 233 Restaurants in Falmouth
Price range: US$6 - US$31
Cuisines: Seafood, Contemporary, British
Good for: Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic, Groups, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Set in a beautiful Grade II listed building and with bright designed interiors, hunkydory is a great location for a romantic or group meal. Lots a little alcoves and booths allow you to feel you have your own private space. There is also a private function area for exclusive use to seat up to 20 around one table, with it's own private lounge and facilities. Great for family occasions or business meals.
Reviewed 23 February 2017 via mobile

We'd been to Hunkydory not long after the current owner bought it a number of years ago. We enjoyed it immensely then and the same goes for this visit. My daughter and I chose the same - scallops and crab starter followed by the fish of the day as main. Both were excellent. We enjoyed a New Zealand Sauvignon Blanc which was reasonably priced. The desserts tempted us and we decided upon the blood orange cheesecake, again we were not disappointed. Very good service and ambience. A truly lovely evening.

Reviewed 22 February 2017

Eating out with a friend last night, I'd seen Hunky Dory had good reviews and we decided to pop in on the off chance we might get a table. We weren't disappointed and were early enough to benefit from their prix fixe early evening menu which at £22 for three courses was excellent value for money, as the portion sizes were decent and the quality of food was extremely good. We also enjoyed a really lovely bottle of Pinot Grigio rose which at £16.50 a bottle I thought was very reasonable indeed for a restaurant.
Service was friendly but unobtrusive and the ambience was relaxed and intimate. I loved the quirky little touches to the decor like the corks around the mirror in the ladies.
For me the only downside was not the fault of the restaurant at all. Unfortunately the couple of very posh spoken young men at a nearby table decided that rather than listening to eachother's conversation, my friend and I would prefer to listen to them. At one point I actually had to ask my friend, who was sitting directly opposite me at a table for two, to repeat what she had said because I had only been able to hear their conversation, bragging in very loud voices about having scallops because it was going on the business credit card, and not her comments!
The tables are quite close together, but I feel this adds to the cosy feel and there certainly is adequate distance to enjoy a private conversation if diners are considerate of others around them and recognise that not everyone wants to know their business.
Overall however, a lovely meal. Thank you Hunky Dory.

Reviewed 15 February 2017

We ate here during a long weekend stay and enjoyed it so much we came back a second time. The decor is very simple and elegant and the atmosphere welcoming. The menu offered some dishes which were a little out of the ordinary alongside some excellent fish dishes. The staff were very welcoming and service could not be faulted. We thoroughly enjoyed both meals and will eat there again on a future visit

Reviewed 15 February 2017

A very special treat. The service and food cannot be faulted. Sheer luxury. A very calm and quiet atmosphere but in no way pretentious. The quality of the food was the best I've experienced for a very long time. The chef certainly deserves compliments as do the very friendly and knowledgeable owners. Above my usual budget but for a special treat for me and an old friend it was a perfect excuse to be a bit extravagant and self indulgent. (you get what you pay for and to my mind we payed for some fine dining but didn't leave hungry) Perfect in every way.

Reviewed 14 February 2017

Whenever we're in Falmouth the highlight is eating here. The food is absolutely excellent, staff are incredibly efficient and friendly. The setting and ambience are delightful. Not the cheapest but still good value.