Bay Marina Hotel
US$206
US$112
US$150
US$146
The Esplanade Hotel(Newquay)(Great Value!)
US$117
TripAdvisor
TripAdvisor
Hotels.com
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsnational holidaysno liftnational coachsea viewon arrivaldriver steveoverlooking tolcarne beachst ivesa ground floor roommeal timessingle roomroom numberevening entertainmentlick of paintfirst floorshower cubiclelong journey
Reviewed 26 March 2018

Expecting a very basic budget break in a take it or leave it Hotel , how surprised i was to learn that i was one of the first guests to stay at the newly refurbished Bay Marina Hotel , The hotel has been given a new lease of life and decorated throughout the public areas and many of the rooms, at considerable expense. On arrival i was greeted by the staff and shown to my room Number 58 suburb room paid extra for the view over the beach, and could watch the Surfers at play , Not advisable to shout SHARK from the window , There were one or two snags that that needed sorting and these were dealt with very quickly by the staff at Reception.Management and staff all very friendly and dont mind a bit of a laugh, Family firm, Night porter needs a mention for putting up with my early morning strolls , The food was very reasonable and looked after by the staff very well , We did have entertainment and it was so funny only eleven people who would of thought you can have so much fun , special mention to the lovely Female Vocalist that bears an uncanny resemblance to the hotel Receptionist lol,
Now on a more serious point as a Hotel without a lift and and stairs to climb i should hope that now the decoration is complete that some hand rails are fitted in the places that need them as this is quite a serious Health and Safety issue , Before the claims for falls and tumbles.

O k enough said all to say now is i would like to thank, Steve and all your staff for the hard work you all do in making this a truly wonderful stay , Would i stay again its a big yes from me, Would you put up with me again Ha Ha ! Keep up the hard work.

Room Tip: Front rooms with view pay the extra ie 58
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled solo
Steve S, General Manager at Bay Marina Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 27 March 2018

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for the lovely review, so soon after your stay with us last week too! The team and I really appreciate your feedback and I am delighted to hear that despite the small number of guests in our opening week, you and the other guests had a great time.

The entertainers certainly had their work cut out for them but having such a lovely audience helped ease them in again and they too had fun with you all, especially Katherine who is in her element here, both in her role as Assistant Manager and as female vocalist, she also thinks she's a comedian at times too but that's debateable! Ha Ha

I will certainly address the handrail situation throughout the Hotel and ensure we are compliant with all matters Health & Safety and I am sure by the time you come to see us again, everything will be to your satisfaction where this is concerned.

It was our pleasure having you here and I very much look forward to welcoming you back again in the very near future, thank you once again for taking the time to give us the lovely feedback.

Reviewed 4 January 2018

Visited this hotel for new year with national holidays.we were very satisfied with this hotel.the hotel was spotlessly clean and the staff were very friendly and attentive.the food was very good as was the entertainment.it is in an exceptional location overlooking tolcarne beach.the rooms are very nice and warm.we can thoroughly recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: We were in room 55 with an excellent view of the beach this room is on the top floor and no lift
1  Thank eastlands_10
Steve S, General Manager at Bay Marina Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 5 January 2018

Dear Guest,

Thank you for giving us your feedback, your comments are appreciated by all who work here and I am delighted you enjoyed your New Year break with us.

I look forward to welcoming you back to the Marina Hotel, which is undergoing a major refurbishment as I write and I am sure you and all our guests will love the improvements that are being made.

Reviewed 1 January 2018

Overall the hotel was good value for money. You can't expect 5star when you pay for 3star. However I do expect to get what I pay for regardless. The room which we were given was supposed to be a double. Just putting a double bed into a single room doesn't turn it into a double room. One small single wardrobe and one chair is a good indicator that this is not a double room. There was not enough room to swing a cat in, not that I want to swing a cat. We were constantly bumping into each other as we crossed the room. Its one saving grace was the bathroom was very good, looks like it has just been upgraded. I would stay again but not in room 17 as a double. I got the feeling that for the hotels convenience they closed of most of the floors while we we there, hence little choice in rooms. Also there is no lift.

The staff were wonderful at the hotel, always pleasant and courteous with patrons, always making you feel welcome. The food was average but plenty of it.
Particular thanks to the lady on reception and the dinning room staff.

Room Tip: Ask to view the room first.
  • Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Maureen B
Steve S, General Manager at Bay Marina Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 2 January 2018

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review, I am sorry to read of your disappointment with your room, I do wish you had mentioned this whilst you were here, especially as we were not full and it would have been no problem for us to move you to another room.

Do come back and see us again soon and allow me the opportunity of turning your experience around by ensuring you are allocated a larger room.

Thank you once again for taking the time to give us your feedback and I hope to welcome you back to the Marina Hotel in the very near future.

Reviewed 30 December 2017 via mobile

Just got back home,great break.food was very good,rooms comfortable and clean but need a little lick of paint.staff very friendly,Diane,Diana and Jamie.Hotel close to the town centre,and great views looking out to sea.Entertainment not that good but hey how still had a good time,nice touch we had four free drinks each night,thanks to all the staff for a great twixmas break hope to return one day.Happy New year to you all from mr &Mrs Harper.

Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple
Steve S, General Manager at Bay Marina Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 1 January 2018

Dear Mr & Mrs Harper,

Happy New Year!

I am so pleased to hear you enjoyed your Twixmas break with us here at the Marina Hotel. The team and I really appreciate the feedback and hearing we got everything right, makes it all worthwhile for us.

Please do come and see us again soon and thank you once again for your comments

Reviewed 30 December 2017

We have just arrived home after a 4 night break with national holidays.
The hotel could not do,enough for us,nothing was too much trouble.
The room was a sea view room which we paid extra for but it was well worth it, what a beautiful whew it was.
The room was immaculate with a nice cosy bed.
The staff too,many to mention could not do enough for you,nothing was too much trouble.
The food was lovely well presented with a good choice.
The restaurant staff was so friendly especially Dena who was lovely.
Thankyou so much we loved our stay.

Room Tip: I would recommend a sea view room.

Dear Guest,

Happy New Year and thank you so much for taking the time so soon after your stay to give us your feedback.

I am so pleased to hear you enjoyed your break with us and we look forward to welcoming you back again soon.