“Perfect fish and chips!”
Review of Flounders

Flounders
Ranked #11 of 244 Restaurants in Newquay
Cuisines: Fast food
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Traditional Fish and Chip Shop Take - Away with convenience seating area. Local Delivery Available. Telephone orders welcome. Daily Specials.
Reviewed 10 February 2012

We had been looking forward to fish and chips in the evening, having cycled from Newquay to Padstow and back again (28 miles of steep hills!). We absolutely hit the jackpot at Flounders - superb fresh fish and the best chips we've had for a very long time. Service was excellent and the facilities were spotless. Thank you!

There are newer reviews for Flounders

Reviewed 24 January 2012

ive never tasted such lovely fish and chips,the service was fast the food was hot and the staff were very friendly and welcoming

1  Thank lorraine s
Reviewed 23 January 2012

This is by far the best Fish n Chippy in Newquay. Anyone who doesn't like it shouldn't be eating fish & chips!

The staff are always friendly, the kitchen always looks emaculate and the food is always tasty!

I eat here regulary and have never had a bad dish served up to me!

Do not eat in any of the other chippy's in town you will be disappointed!!

1  Thank thefacehead
Reviewed 18 January 2012

Really good fish and chips me and my wife visit Newquay 4 or 5 times a year and we always go to Flounders.When you ask for cod you get cod not pollock like other chippys in Newquay mentioning no names, ignore all the bad reviews especially about breaking your teeth in my opinion that is a calcium deficiency and needs to visit dentist more often.Knowing the staff at flounders I'm sure they'll have taken this very serious. Highly recommended staff wonderful !!!!!!! CAN'T WAIT TO GO AGAIN
P.S WE TRAVEL 350 MILES TO GO HERE :- )

DAVE AND JESS

2  Thank Jessica G
Reviewed 11 January 2012

Decided to eat in. Regretted this when we were given plastic knives and forks and sat four to a table not much larger than a stool.
On biting into a chip I cracked my front tooth in half! I was told it must have been a small stone and asked don't we find stones in our potatoes at home? Duh...no!!
No offer of recompense. Not even the meal for free, which we left anyhow as we had lost our appetite as you can imagine, just a promise that if I left my contact details the manager would be in touch.
He never did get in touch and I was left with a huge bill at my dentists.
Avoid this place or at the very least chew cautiously!

2  Thank Fastlane2010