All reviews porth island lusty glaze beach wedding venue stunning views lick of paint overlooking the bay fabulous location walk in shower a sea view room the cliff gym tide beaches
Reviewed 1 August 2018 via mobile

We spent a lot of money to stay at this hotel for 3 nights, judging from the pictures online it looked ok... unfortunately I didn't read the trip advisor reviews before going!! The owner of the hotel clearly doesn't care about the state of it as long as the money is coming in. Tired, old and dirty furnishings. The room smelt stale, draws stank of sick and the towels smelt like smoke! It's the kind of quality you would expect from a dirty run down b&b in Blackpool. £113 a night to stay in truly dire conditions with no Breakfast is appalling! The receptionist barely said 2 words to us and was awol most of the time and the pool/gym facilities weren't up to scratch either. The pictures I have uploaded of our room speaks for itself. Thick dust on shower vent, ripped curtains, rusty furnishings in bathroom, disgusting divan bed and stained pillows are but a few things wrong with the room never mind the rest of the hotel. Save your money and don't stay here!!

Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 July 2018

We booked to stay at the Glendorgal Hotel for our anniversary as it's right next to Lusty Glaze beach (my favourite place). We booked a sea view room for two nights.

The rooms itself was basic with dated furniture (not what i'd expect for the price per night) and sadly no view of the sea from the bed, however the view was pretty awesome from the small balcony. However, the bed was very uncomfortable and pillows like rocks! we didn't sleep brilliantly but had such a good time on the beach that we decided to book another night.The room we had was booked that night so the only one left was a family room- I wish we had gone home!

The room was downstairs and extremely noisy (you could hear people walking and banging around upstairs, banging down the stairs and children screaming at 11 pm (the walls must be thin). Bed comfort was even worse than the previous room and it made a noise if either of us moved (needs replacing) and the pillows were again like rocks! My husband was so uncomfortable that he got up and slept on the pull out sofa bed (which was also uncomfortable!). We slept so badly that night in the morning we slept in as we were both so tired. Sadly, we were awoken to the sound of drilling!!! it didn't stop so we got up and checked out earlier than the 10 am check out.

Why would you start drilling in a hotel before the checkout time!?!

Sadly, we left the Glendorgal that morning really frustrated, tired and grumpy which was such a shame as we had such a fab time on Lusty Glaze beach.

Please update your beds, get some comfortable pillows and sort out the noise!

We won't be going back....

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 July 2018

OK great location - but hotel is tired and tatty!
Carpet a bit sticky - layer of dust on light fittings and TV etc
Bathroom moldy with accompanying smell.

Nice sea view from balcony in room but noisy air-con unit on roof.
Had early wake-up from kitchen extractor fan being switched on. Strong smell of fried food in room.

Wish we'd paid a bit more and chosen alternate hotel!

Room Tip: Avoid room 2
  • Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 July 2018

I stayed here for 2 nights from 30 June 2018 to attend a wedding at the lusty glaze. We paid £276 and this included no breakfast. We did however have beautiful views from our room.

The weather that weekend was late 20s and we had a small fan in the room and no window. We had a door that led onto a very small balcony above the restaurant which we couldn't leave open at night due to easy access into our room from the roof.

We were supplied with 2 small toilet rolls which i then had to go to reception and ask for another which isn't ideal when other guests are there.
We had 2 tea bags and 1 sachet of coffee for a 2 night stay for 2 people.
the room should have been adequately stocked.

I didn't write my review on here straight away i wanted to contact the hotel first and advise them of my comments but was shocked when the manger/ owner of the hotel called me and subsequently screamed at me down the phone for 19 minutes, it took him 17 minutes to offer me an apology re my concerns.

There was an incident with a 70 year old couple and there son, partner and small baby who were staying at the Glendorgal self catering accommodation. Anyone else in this situation would have done the same as me as its not made clear at all that the self catering accommodation is nothing to do with the hotel. They have the same name so perhaps this should be made clearer to avoid this happening again.

The way you speak to your paying customers is absolutely horrendous you cannot take any type of criticism and the way you respond to this is by shouting.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
2  Thank sophiehunt84
Reviewed 23 July 2018 via mobile

Visited for a family christening, not cheap to book apparently. Guests ended up setting out the expensive buffet themselves as there were inadequate numbers of staff at work. We counted two!
Burnt pizza added insult to injury.
Expensive beer, cash only bar, with little choice.
There are fantastic views of Porth Bay but the poor service and cost should put you off.
We have stayed at the hotel previously and attended family parties here, it was shocking and sad to see such a decline, or was it just a bad day?

Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family