Open today: 10:00 AM - 5:00 PM
Review Highlights
Newquay Zoo

A good zoo, nicely laid out. Went with my disabled son. With the use of a walking frame he had no... read more

Reviewed 5 days ago
G1920EQjohnw
via mobile
OH MY ...go for the pizza alone !

Visited this week and I have to post a review to mention the pizzas! amazing flavour, served in a... read more

Reviewed 3 weeks ago
Sarah W

Recommended experiences in and around Newquay
Coasteering
21 Reviews
from US$74.58
from US$54.24
from US$472.87
from US$61.02
2,974 results
All reviews tropical house red panda lion feeding animal enclosures feeding times gift aid few hours couple of hours car park value for money entrance fee my partner young children meerkats talks keeper lynx
Selected filters
Reviewed 17 October 2021 via mobile

After paying for 4 hours parking £8. 40 was expecting to spend at least a full morning here. The car park charge is not the fault of the zoo however after reading up in advance I did feel I would be spending a few hours there! As they recommend 3 hours or more yet it is far smaller than expected, the enclosures were small particularly the one holding 3 lions, they looked happy enough although it didn't seem adequate to my mind. It was more like a pleasant play park you would bring toddlers as they have a farmyard area where goats roam etc and rabbit, hamster pens etc. Personally I would not be happy if I had paid for a family to visit as it is quite costly and is disappointing overall. I was visiting solo and felt it was a waste of time as I was in and out in less than 2 hours and that was with tea break. I'd like to think the entrance fee will go to helping towards upkeep of the zoo but sadly it certainly needs improving.

Reviewed 14 October 2021 via mobile

It's disappointing this can be classed as a zoo. I have the same wild life in my local park! I know on the website they pride themselves as having 1400 species, as far as I could see, 1350 must have been the ducks. The pengiuns had a foot of water to swim in, and some enclosures were in a middle of a pond, which could not be seen without binoculars. The lion enclosure was far to small for three lions. As far as I could see, there was no enrichment for the animals and the enclosures were inadequate across the board. How can they show any natural behaviors if any at all, in such dull environments. Heartbreaking

1  Thank sm1thy22
Reviewed 11 October 2021

Well worth a visit but needs concentrate on smaller animals. The Lion enclosure seems small by modern standards and there doesn't seem to be any land to build a new larger enclosure.

Date of experience: September 2021
Reviewed 11 October 2021 via mobile

I was really disappointed with our visit here; they were only taking cash so we couldn’t even get a drink as, like most people, we haven’t carried cash during covid and have come to accept that shops don’t expect you to. The cash machine, that charged, wasn’t on/working.

The whole zoo is in real need of serious investment. It was actually difficult to locate the animals at times; they just didn’t seem to be around! The lion cage was actually really depressing. A small cage for a lion and two lionesses seems far from suitable for these beautiful and majestic creatures. Some of the monkey enclosures were on a little island so you couldn’t even see them properly.

The majority of animals were birds and the Savannah was poor. It’s not a lush and appealing place for the animals at all. It all just seemed very sad and we were done within the hour.

I really do not recommend a visit here. It was overpriced and just a sad place to walk around.

I am not one to give negative reviews but, if I’d have read them before, I would not have gone and would have spent the money on the other attractions suggested. This is genuinely the worst zoo I’ve visited and I’ve visited many both in England and overseas.

Reviewed 10 October 2021

A beautiful zoo and the animals were varied, interesting and looked in very good condition. Jo, one of the employees, was especially helpful, friendly and went above and beyond her role, and helped make our day very special.