“Absolutely Delicious”
Review of The Dock Inn

The Dock Inn
Ranked #51 of 190 Restaurants in Penzance
Dining options: Reservations
Description: The popular Dock Inn is located in the heart of Penzance’s historic harbour-side area. The Dock has a good old fashioned pub atmosphere, with scrubbed pine tables, polished wooden floors, two open fires, comfy leather sofas and all sorts of nautical and other memorabilia! In the ‘lower deck’ you can watch the world go by through bi-fold doors overlooking Quay Street. You’ll get friendly service, banter, top quality home-made pub food (if you get peckish) and will be made to feel welcome whether you’re on your own or with a group of friends. We have live music most Friday’s and we also have a popular weekly jam session every Tuesday from 9pm where both musicians and spectators are welcome! We do the best Sunday Roast in town! We have a well thought out (and well sampled!) wine list, a wide range of bar drinks and choice of 3 excellent real ales including the legendary Spingo brewed in Helston. In the warmer summer months you can relax in our sunny courtyard garden. In the winter we have a heated smoking area for our customers enjoyment. As well as offering excellent value food & drinks, we have 3 quality en-suite B&B rooms – a perfect place to relax.
Reviewed 20 May 2018 via mobile

I ate here as I was staying in a room upstairs for the night and I am very glad I did!
The Thai Duck Spring Rolls were my starter and they were utterly amazing. Followed by a dish on the specials board - Crab & Prawn Linguine which was really very tasty! Compliments to the chef!
The waitress was very attentive and friendly.
And it was even free due to a mix up with my hotel booking (which was my own mistake) so very pleased with my visit!

DockinnPZ, Owner at The Dock Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 21 May 2018

Thankyou so pleased you enjoyed yourself

Reviewed 13 May 2018 via mobile

We were in Penzance for Mothers Day. The Dock Inn was just across the street from where our yacht was moored, so we decided to try the Sunday Roast. EXCELLENT! Also great value for money, with the "small" serve overflowing the plate, and providing numerous veggies with a delightful pork roast (choice of pork, chicken or beef). All cooked nicely even to my husband's discerning taste.

DockinnPZ, Owner at The Dock Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 14 May 2018

Thankyou so pleased you enjoyed your lunch

Reviewed 6 May 2018 via mobile

We stumbled across this place after looking up where to eat in Penzance, we originally planned to go somewhere else but thought we'd try here instead and I am very glad we did as the food in general was beautiful. I had the prawn cocktail to start and the seafood salad platter as my main and it was amazing. My father in law had the same as me and my partner had the prawn cocktail and lasagne and that tasted brilliant too. Would definitely go back to this place again. Staff were very friendly, nice atmosphere and the food was outstanding

Thankyou Thankyou x

Reviewed 6 May 2018 via mobile

3 of us went this evening and we were originally going to eat somewhere else and then noticed the special boards outside; seafood mixed platter!! Two of the guests had this and I had the homemade lasagne. All mains were beautiful and could not fault it; I never order a lasagne as I just don't think they ever taste unxious enough but this was special and very tasty. We all had the prawn cocktail to start and you can tell that the chef cares alot about what is served as the quality was exceptional. If you are looking for a down to earth pud who serve tight quality fresh food then this is your pub. The waitress was so lovely and very helpful and polite and I thought her customer service was brilliant, I didn't take her name but nothing was to much and the food came quickly and you didn't need to add any seasoning. Thanks guys for a great evening!!

DockinnPZ, Owner at The Dock Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 7 May 2018

Thank you so pleased you had a good time

Reviewed 5 April 2018 via mobile

We visited with two tired boys after a long day out and about. The fire was a welcome sight and the staff were very friendly. Good ale and decent pub grub. Reasonably priced too! Would definitely recommend.

Thankyou