1,541 results
All reviews ted stourton light box resident artist round table four poster bed moor view public rooms stunning views magical place lounge area the cliff the atlantic ocean fabulous location overlooking the sea feel very welcome well worth a visit short break
Reviewed 30 April 2018

A lovely hotel with wonderful views. A very elegant castle hotel with a great ambiance and friendly staff. Some wonderful paintings which can be purchased.
The views from the cliff tops are breath taking and the hotel is ideally positioned.

Room Tip: Best rooms are at the high end.
  • Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Harminder H
Reviewed 27 April 2018

Set on the cliffs of North Cornwall and overlooking Tintagel Castle, the Camelot Castle is perfectly located. My wife and myself took a short break with our dog and had an absolutely fantastic break. A beautiful room with 4 poster bed and sea view. The staff were very friendly and very accomodating - we had a couple of special requests on behalf of our dog and they were very happy to help. The lounges were SUPER to relax in and sink back into the sofas after a days walking on the cliff tops..
The traditional full english breakfast and extras were very tastefully presented and set us up for a good day, every day.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that overlooks Tintagel Castle - amazing view to see everyday.
  • Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 April 2018

I have just stayed at the lovely Camelot Castle Hotel in Tingel. The hotel exudes traditional comfort, ambiance and elegance. The sign over the door says ‘welcome to our home’ and that is exactly how it feels as if you have been invited to stay at a stately home in the country, imagine Downton Abbey in the 1930s. The staff are well trained, attentive and helpful and the place is run like clockwork, smooth and unobtrusive. The bedrooms are currently being renovated. It is also cat and dog friendly. The room I stayed in had lovely sea views and the bed was wonderful. I will certainly be going back, it was a lovely relaxing break.

Room Tip: Lift to all floors
Stayed: April 2018, travelled solo
Reviewed 23 April 2018

The best thing about the Camelot Castle Hotel is its setting - on the top of a cliff with spectacular sea views and of Tintagel Castle. I was given a single room on the second floor which was clean but with very dated furnishings, and an en suite which was smaller than most caravan bathrooms I have stayed in - ok for a couple of nights but I wouldn't have liked to stay for much longer. The evening meals were fine but not a great deal of choice; the buffet breakfasts would have been good if the food hadn't been cold.

Room Tip: Avoid single rooms on the second floor.
  • Stayed: April 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed 22 April 2018

Just returned from a 4 night stay - bed breakfast and evening meal - at the Camelot Castle Hotel. This is the second visit ( the first was November 2017 ) and my wife and I thoroughly enjoyed our stay. The first thing to mention was we were upgraded to a room with a 4 poster bed - wow so impressive. In addition we had a sea view overlooking the Atlantic. Having said that most rooms will look out to the sea or across Tintagel. The room was large, very clean with all the necessary facilities shower etc and tea and coffee facilities.All the staff were very pleasant, helpful and friendly and the meals were very good - plenty of variety for the evening meals and a superb breakfast with as much as you can eat, what more can you ask. We met up with Ted Stourton again and visited his work area to see what he was working on and again viewed some of his paintings on his light box. There was no pressure to purchase but we did because we saw a painting my wife and I fell in love with after having viewed many others all of which were very impressive. He has a unique style not necessarily liked by everybody but certainly different from the usual run of the mill artist. Would we recommend the Camelot Castle, most certainly and you can be assured we will be staying again at the Camelot Castle.

Room Tip: Worth paying a little extra for the 4 poster or others that are impressive. However all rooms are more than acceptable
Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple