“Another visit”

Port William Inn
Ranked #8 of 31 Restaurants in Tintagel
Price range: US$8 - US$21
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Description: The Port William Inn at Trebarwith Strand, near Tintagel, is a wonderful pub and restaurant on the North Cornwall coast, renowned for excellent pub food and a comfortable welcoming bar. There is also 4 star accommodation, with all 8 hotel rooms having a very high standard of finish and superb sea views, down to the sea and the dramatic cliffs. Magnificently situated, The Port William Inn nestles into the cliffs overlooking the dramatic Trebarwith Strand on the North Cornwall coast. When out, the tide reveals a mile of golden sand which can be viewed from the bar, the conservatory dining area and from the inn's eight luxurious en suite hotel bedrooms. Once you have visited we are sure you will agree there is no other inn in Cornwall with a location to match that of the Port William. You are also welcome to enjoy the inn's excellent food and drink from the bar and restaurant, while enjoying the superb views from our outside terrace. The Port William lies on the famous Cornwall coast path and is a very popular stop off point for walkers. Trebarwith Strand also offers a surf school and has Life Guards during the summer months. A short drive takes you to local golf courses and tennis courts while the world famous Tintagel Castle and Island are just a short walk along the coast path.
Reviewed 1 November 2017 via mobile

We have been several times to the Port William at Trebarwith. Always a great welcome from the staff, the views are wonderful, we had fish and chips, a beef and ale stew. Food was delicious, as was the ale.
Would recommend to anyone.
We were served by a lady called Alison, she treated us really well.

1  Thank SpikerLeamingtonSpa
PWGM, General Manager at Port William Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 3 November 2017

Hi SpikerLeamingtonSpa and thank you for your lovely review.
I'm glad you enjoyed your visit and will make sure Alison knows you enjoyed yourself.
I hope you can visit again soon.

Reviewed 28 October 2017 via mobile

Got there for breakfast liked it so much we stayed for lunch!

The view is amazing and there is a lovely terrace to sit on and watch the sea from!

PWGM, General Manager at Port William Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 30 October 2017

Hi Ori1212 and thank you for your 5* review.
I'm glad we ticked the box for breakfast and hope you enjoyed your lunch! I hope you can return again sometime - maybe next time for evening dinner?!

Reviewed 27 October 2017

We visited a few nights whilst staying in cornwall. Friendly staff, quick service and lovely hot food.

Thank you Jenna R for your 5* review.
I hope you can visit again soon.

Reviewed 16 October 2017

We visited one evening for dinner. It isn't possible to reserve a table unless you are staying at the hotel and if you are, then you get the best views from your tables! The only parking at the hotel is for guests too so everyone else has to park in the public car park at the bottom of the lane. All worth the effort though as the views are lovely and the food excellent. Staff are friendly and efficient which always helps.

Thank you Jean S for your review.
We are very lucky with our popular location and am glad that the staff and food were excellent on your visit.
I hope you can return again sometime soon.

Reviewed 15 October 2017 via mobile

Having been to the Port William numerous times before I thought it only right to leave a review. Never a bad time is to be had here and this is made by the staff they have. The food is always good and tasty, unfortunately a chain pub but it is what it is. The staff however are always so pleasant, helpful and actually seem like they want to be there. My partner and I took a walk in last week with the dog and were made to feel so welcome. From the bar team to the manager (Amanda, I think it was) all the staff were fussing the dog and chatting away to us about our trip to Cornwall and about pooch. We even went back in and joined in the local Thursday night quiz and purchased one of the local picture canvas's for a relatives birthday. I highly recommend if you're in the area to drop in or take a trip out and enjoy the beach at the bottom of the cliffs topped with a pint overlooking the bay afterwards.

I'm very glad that your visit was a success and I will make sure all your comments are passed on to the team including Amanda who does a fantastic job!
I hope you can return again in the near future.