“Dinner”

Cuisines: European, Seafood, British
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 18 August 2016 via mobile

Decided to visit for dinner. Kids played out in garden whilst waiting for food. A fairly long wait but very impressed when it arrived. Lasagne was off the menu, so they very kindly prepared plain chicken and chips for my fussy daughter! Friendly staff and great food. We will go back.

Reviewed 18 August 2016 via mobile

Stopped here for dinner before a trip to Tintagel Castle. Kids had fun in the play area while we were waiting for dinner to arrive. We did have a long wait for the food , but it was decent quality when it arrived and reasonably priced too.

Reviewed 16 August 2016

Just returned from yet another delightful week long stay here. As usual, made to feel like visiting royalty. Nothing too much trouble. I had made a mistake and arrived a day early to find it fully booked. Instead of being to be made feel responsibly stupid about this, Wally, the Chef and landlord, rang up a wonderfully helpful B&B, who luckily could put us up for the one night.
Throughout our stay, we enjoyed excellent service and wonderful cuisine. The breakfasts were delightfully indulgent. Continental? Pears, apples, grapes, tangerines, cereal, yoghurt, unlimited amounts of bread/toast. Varied choice of Twinings Teas, real or instant coffees, apple or orange juice. Full English? Try eggs (fried, scrambled, poached or boiled), bacon, sausages, mushrooms, baked beans, fried bread.Lunches included everything from gargantuan baguettes to fresly fried fish. Dinners were a gastronomic delight. Can heartily recommend the Chef's special Pork Schnitzel with his home grown runner beans, melt in the mouth pork and secret recipe Huntsmans' Sauce!
My only complaint is that the food was too good and plentiful to the detriment of my, and my husband's, bulging waistbands. Oh, and set in beautiful surroundings and dog friendly but not dominant! Now you can see why we have booked up for a week-end in September and ten days in October/November. No, we are not people who have never ventured beyond the boundaries of this country. Both my husband and I have travelled through all five continents! And finally, but probably the most important, the caring, friendly and indulgent staff - thank you so, so much.

Reviewed 15 August 2016

Was a lovely warm day, and we had walked from Boscastle, so we decided to have drinks and crisps in the garden because it is a lovely setting, but even that was disappointing.
I have a pint of Lemon & Lime which the lemonade was flat, & both of our crisp packets were covered in grease.

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 15 August 2016 via mobile

Visited this pub tonight with my husband and children, really nice family pub, good atmosphere, lots of different things to do as they have a big garden for kids to play in as well as pool tables to keep all ages entertained. Staff were helpful and kind and the food was a very reasonable price and very good. I like that there are lots of different area's that you can choose to sit and eat, patio, bar and a lounge area. Very nice family pub.