“Great home made food”
Review of Piestro

Piestro
Ranked #31 of 99 Restaurants in Dartmouth
Reviewed 2 April 2018

This restaurant has great homemade food, we had a great beef stew which was delicious. We enjoyed it so much we went back the next day and had Bishops pie and Turkey and Cranberry.
If we go to Dartmouth again it is where we will be heading

Reviewed 17 March 2018 via mobile

Home made food cooked with care and thought. I started with the soup of the day it was a rustic leek and potato with home make bread. Main pie was the ‘Dartmouth’ with delicious Mutton, orange zest and apricot flavours. Bang on!

Reviewed 14 March 2018

We stumbled across Piestro during our recent stay in Dartmouth, It was a cold evening in March and not many people were about. What interested us was that everything is home cooked.
We both ordered a different pie, I went for The Postie (steak and blue Cheese) and my wife went for the steak and ale. Both were delicious, came with real chips and vegetables.
What is nice to see is that these are proper pies and are not casseroles with a puff pastry lid.
There were many different pies to choose from and they even had vegetarian options. Service was very good and it was nice to hear from the chef how the pies were made.

Reviewed 14 February 2018

We found this place in Dartmouth on a chilly rainy day looking for lunch options. Attracted by the vegetarian options, we're very glad we went in. We both had pies off the 'specials' menu. My partner had one with turkey, ham and homemade cranberry sauce, which she said tasted like an American Thanksgiving dinner in a single pie, while I had the midwinter pie, with shallots, celeriac, ginger and parsnip in a creamy sauce with mashed potatoes on the side. I also had a bottle of Eddystone beer. All highly recommended.

Reviewed 9 February 2018

I stumbled across this place on a wet Sunday evening in October and wandered in. I just fancied something warm and homely and thought "why not". Well what I had was delicious and hugely satisfying. Even the portion size was expertly judged. The owner, or 'piestro' herself if you like, came out for a chat and was most delightful and clearly cares about the customer experience. If I've not made it clear enough how good the food (and the service) was, all I can say is that the following evening on my last night in Dartmouth I was walking around again looking for somewhere for dinner and - after a half-hearted effort to find somewhere new to try - I simply went back to Piestro! A sign quoted a review saying "the best pie I've ever had", well I can top that. The best TWO pies I've ever had. Superb.