US$161
Anchor House(Dartmouth)
Campbells(Dartmouth)
  • Restaurant
Birchover(Dartmouth)
All reviewstapasgreen roomparking permitchose brownsboutique hotellovely hotellocal car parkfresh milklovely touchwine liststayed one nighttea and coffeebreakfast was deliciousvery pleasant staytwo nightsscallopspowerful shower
Reviewed 23 September 2017

We spent two nights at Browns Hotel. Our double room was comfortable and had a sofa which was nice when we wanted to sit and watch TV for an hour after a busy day. There were tea making facilities in the room but also in several areas in the corridors which included fresh milk which was a nice touch rather than having to use UHT milk.The bathroom had a bath and separate shower and good quality toiletries.
The staff were pleasant and friendly and the manager gave us useful suggestions on trips to take in the area.
The location is very central and although there is no parking on site, we were given a parking permit to a car park which was situated a short walk away and which we could have used in other locations in the area had we chosen to travel outside Dartmouth.
Breakfast was freshly cooked to order and there was a good selection on the menu.
We enjoyed our stay at Brown's and would stay there again in the future.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Karen S
Reviewed 14 September 2017

We have just returned from spending three nights at Brown's Hotel. We had an enjoyable stay in this hotel and in Dartmouth itself. However, as in life in general, the stay was not perfect.

Starting with the good things. After a long journey I wanted nothing more than a gin and tonic. There were several good gins to choose from and my gin garnished with grapefruit was very good indeed.

The room was clean and of a decent size and I slept well for the three nights.

Breakfast was good and the full English breakfast was cooked to order. My Partner enjoyed his full English breakfast and my soft boiled eggs were perfectly cooked.

The not so good things were that our room only had a shower and no bath. I always bath when I can and therefore I was disappointed. Having said that the shower was efficient with loads of hot water. My Partner always uses a shower and he was happy.

The second night we ate in the hotel. The menu consisted of tapas. I like tapas very much and was more than happy but my Partner found that there were few meat choices on the menu. Chicken wings and pork ribs did not appeal and he was disappointed. Also, the menu in the room did not match the menu in the restaurant.

My advice is to make sure when you book that you get a room with a bath if you want one. Also make sure the food in the restaurant is what you want before deciding to dine in the hotel.

The staff are all friendly and helpful and are keen to please and make your stay comfortable.

A word of warning. If you park in the car park and use the hotel car park pass make sure you display it the right way up otherwise you will get a parking ticket as we found out the hard way.

On the whole this is a good hotel and I would return but only if I could book a room with a bath!

Room Tip: Try to get a room that does not face on to the street
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 September 2017 via mobile

I've been to a few tapas restaurants and this rates highly as one of the best for experience, relaxed and informal but with food that is 5 stars. Perfect for a family. The staff really made the place with the owner showing us a fresh lobster to entertain the kids!

The perfect place if you have had too much fish!

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 23 August 2017 via mobile

We had not been to Dartmouth before and booked late so had low expectations. However we could not have been more impressed with our stay. The room was just as advertised and clean; we were welcomed well and given all the support we needed to enjoy our stay.
The staff were really friendly and helpful.
We also had some tapas on the second night which was cooked to order and delicious.
We will definitely go again and would recommend it to our friends.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 August 2017

Fantastic stay in Browns .. the food is beautiful , rooms contemporary and clean , service was excellent, very central for all Dartmouth events , a lovely classy place run by wonderful people . We visited twice this year and previous years ...

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
BrownsDartmouth, Guest Relations Manager at Browns Hotel Dartmouth, responded to this reviewResponded 11 August 2017

Tania, thank you for your lovely review.

We are so pleased that we continue to make your stay at Browns enjoyable,
and we are looking forward to welcoming you on your returning visit to Dartmouth.