Browns Hotel Dartmouth
US$95
PremierInn.com
  • Beachfront
US$133
All reviewstapasgreen roomboutique hotelchose brownsparking permitlovely hotelfresh milklocal car parklovely touchwine liststayed one nightvery pleasant staybreakfast was delicioustwo nightstea and coffeescallopsbottled water
Reviewed 8 October 2017 via mobile

My husband and I stayed for one night. The one member of staff was lovely and v v helpful. The room and ensuite were very pleasant, the shower was great. There was a confusion with our booking - booking.com fault not hotel but hotel sorted it. Good breakfast. Great base in Dartmouth. Only thing that could have been better was size of cups in room. I'd rather a mug but not a big deal

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
BrownsDartmouth, Owner at Browns Hotel Dartmouth, responded to this reviewResponded 9 October 2017

So glad you enjoyed your stay and thanks for the review. We are having a think about the room cups, bigger ones or mugs ... what a good idea!

Mike and Susan

Reviewed 25 September 2017

Brown's is ideally placed to explore the lovely town of Dartmouth. Although we could have had a free parking permit, we were advised to park by the market hall (100 yds from the hotel) as the parking was free there.

The room was very pleasant and we were particularly impressed with the free bar which was available to guests as it was a Sunday and their restaurant was closed.

Staff were very helpful and friendly and we would highly recommend this hotel.

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 25 September 2017 via mobile

I have just spent the weekend in Dartmouth with my husband and my friends for my birthday. Our room at Browns was spacious, clean and comfortable. We took advantage of the bar and tapas on Friday evening and enjoyed breakfast on Saturday and Sunday morning, the food was delicious particularly the tapas. Our stay was made even more enjoyable as we found the staff attentive and nothing was too much trouble, especially Ainsley, really refreshing to have such good service.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 23 September 2017

We spent two nights at Browns Hotel. Our double room was comfortable and had a sofa which was nice when we wanted to sit and watch TV for an hour after a busy day. There were tea making facilities in the room but also in several areas in the corridors which included fresh milk which was a nice touch rather than having to use UHT milk.The bathroom had a bath and separate shower and good quality toiletries.
The staff were pleasant and friendly and the manager gave us useful suggestions on trips to take in the area.
The location is very central and although there is no parking on site, we were given a parking permit to a car park which was situated a short walk away and which we could have used in other locations in the area had we chosen to travel outside Dartmouth.
Breakfast was freshly cooked to order and there was a good selection on the menu.
We enjoyed our stay at Brown's and would stay there again in the future.

2  Thank Karen S
Reviewed 14 September 2017

We have just returned from spending three nights at Brown's Hotel. We had an enjoyable stay in this hotel and in Dartmouth itself. However, as in life in general, the stay was not perfect.

Starting with the good things. After a long journey I wanted nothing more than a gin and tonic. There were several good gins to choose from and my gin garnished with grapefruit was very good indeed.

The room was clean and of a decent size and I slept well for the three nights.

Breakfast was good and the full English breakfast was cooked to order. My Partner enjoyed his full English breakfast and my soft boiled eggs were perfectly cooked.

The not so good things were that our room only had a shower and no bath. I always bath when I can and therefore I was disappointed. Having said that the shower was efficient with loads of hot water. My Partner always uses a shower and he was happy.

The second night we ate in the hotel. The menu consisted of tapas. I like tapas very much and was more than happy but my Partner found that there were few meat choices on the menu. Chicken wings and pork ribs did not appeal and he was disappointed. Also, the menu in the room did not match the menu in the restaurant.

My advice is to make sure when you book that you get a room with a bath if you want one. Also make sure the food in the restaurant is what you want before deciding to dine in the hotel.

The staff are all friendly and helpful and are keen to please and make your stay comfortable.

A word of warning. If you park in the car park and use the hotel car park pass make sure you display it the right way up otherwise you will get a parking ticket as we found out the hard way.

On the whole this is a good hotel and I would return but only if I could book a room with a bath!

Room Tip: Try to get a room that does not face on to the street