“Slow”

Ranked #189 of 564 Restaurants in Exeter
Price range: US$0 - US$43
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed 5 June 2018

Visited last Thursday to make use of a free pizza offer obtained through the app.
Pre booked (glad I did; restaurant was busy). Seated upstairs where they had a resident musician singing and playing the guitar. Whilst not unpleasant, it was far too loud for the space. Made catching up with my friend very difficult and we weren't the only ones who enjoyed the break when the lady put down her guitar and went elsewhere for a break.
The pizza I ordered was tasty but was let down by the service. Took 25 minutes from being seated to even being asked what we wanted to drink.
I've previously experienced poor service at Pizza Express which makes me wonder if this is the norm for ? For this reason I probably wouldn't' rush back there again.

Reviewed 11 May 2018

This is situated on the Green right opposite the Cathedral, where from most tables beautiful views can be enjoyed.
Dough Balls and Pizzas were delicious, chosen from a wide menu with a gluten free option available on every item.. We were tempted by a kind of melon smoothie which also tasted great.
All this Goodness was further enhanced by the quality of Service, from the initial Welcome Greeting to the charming Waiter and Waitress who attended to our needs..
All in all it really "hit the spot" for both of us that evening.
Highly recommended.

Reviewed 10 May 2018 via mobile

After walking around Exeter for a few hours I needed something hearty. So Pizza Express was the answer. Staff a bit slow to greet me when I arrived. I was shown to a table in the window, which was a bit cold. The waiter was polite and speedy. Took my order and my food arrived quickly. Lovely hot pizza. Lovely service. It can be tricky eating alone and some restaurants don't know how to deal with solo diners. But thanks Pizza Express.

Reviewed 30 April 2018

Visited last Thursday early evening , restaurant was busy but we were shown to an empty table upstairs .
Initial service was good , and drinks and starter arrived in appropriate time. I do not expect to wait for 50 minutes once our starters had been cleared for an overpriced pizza. Not enough staff to cope . Table was too close to singer who was setting up and kept sweeping past us with her hair everywhere.
A very disappointing experience, we won’t be back .

Reviewed 14 April 2018

Interesting experience at pizza express. On a positive note the food was good and the pizzas were very tasty, so cannot fault the chefs.
The negative aspect was the total lack of customer service . We were given a table quickly with a great view over the cathedral and drinks were ordered and brought promptly, all very promising. The disappointment was with our waiter who gave little eye contact and was so unfriendly and miserable that it felt awkward. He was more interested in clearing empty tables and was so indifferent. We ended up waiting nearly an hour for our starter which is crazy.
More training needed for staff .
The coffee machines were broken too ...how can you have an Italian restaurant without coffee ?!?!