“Nice spot”

@Angela's
Ranked #18 of 567 Restaurants in Exeter
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Description: A friendly, intimate restaurant specialising in fresh local food, @Angela's restaurant in Exeter serves passionately prepared cuisine in an ideal location close to Exeter Cathedral and Exeter St Thomas railway station. Offering high quality seafood, meat, game and vegetarian dishes, @Angela's is committed to using eco-friendly produce, sourced from the finest local suppliers. Signature dishes include Roasted Duck Breast with caramelised orange sauce and Baked Filo Parcel filled with mushroom and walnut duxelle. Each main course is served with fresh vegetables and potatoes, and dietary requirements can be catered for on request. Children of all ages are welcome, making @Angela's a superb restaurant for family dining. Warm spot lighting and calm background music in the evenings also make @Angela's an attractive restaurant for romantic dinners or a comfortable catch-up meal with friends. @Angela's was awarded 'outstanding contribution' to food service in the Food & Drink Devon Awards.
Reviewed 21 July 2017 via mobile

Last meal of our Exeter trip and was most enjoyable. Angela, the host, was a lovely person, engaging and attentive. The food was good without being stunning and the wine choice also passed muster. Other diners were effusive in their praise. It was a little painful on the pocket. I've eaten better for significantly less, but nevertheless, we enjoyed our meals. Kudos to the man in the back....well done chef.

Hope to see you folks again.....

1  Thank Daveontour30

Reviewed 15 July 2017 via mobile

A wonderful experience from start to finish. Went for our anniversary meal and Angela's did not disappoint. We both had scallops for starters, delicious, I had monk fish, hubby had lamb both faultless and beautifully presented. No dessert for me but my hubby had creme brûlée (best he's tasted apparently) still talking about it the day after. A lovely touch was a happy anniversary piped in chocolate on a plate with 2 yummy truffles, given at the end of our meal. Wine choice good. Will definitely return.

1  Thank coolcathyCornwall
Reviewed 30 June 2017 via mobile

We had one night in Exeter and I found this restaurant and wasn't disappointed.We had very good food,perfectly cooked by Richard,and excellent wine,recommended by Angela to complement the delicious duck breast with plum and port sauce.My husband had the crab salad to start which was beautifully presented.The parfait for dessert was really good.We would highly recommend this.Really one of the best meals we've had for a long time and their excellent reviews are well deserved.

1  Thank GandG16
Reviewed 16 June 2017

Been visiting @Angela's for about 10 years and I have never, ever been disappointed with the service, food or atmosphere; all is as fantastic as usual :D
The food is most often locally sourced and of the highest quality. I've enjoyed duck, beef, lamb, fish and scallops with much delight over the years and I intend to continue doing so!

Reviewed 13 June 2017

We love everything about this gem of a restaurant. We live in London but we have a son at the university so go down to Exeter each June. I booked online and reminded Angela that I am lactose intolerant. This year we took a friend who was eager to see why we were so delighted by our meal last year. We were greeted by Angela like old friends and shown to a lovely table. Angela even remembered where we were seated the year before. We all had different starters and main courses and the quality of the food and the presentation is worthy of a Michelin star. My turbot should have come with a beurre blanc but the dish was modified beautifully to meed my dietary requirements. A delicious dark chocolate brownie (totally lactose free) was offered to me for dessert. The choice of gin and wines are wonderful too. Our friend was bowled over by his meal. We truly love this restaurant and are already looking forward to next June.

Been to @Angela's? Share your experiences!