“Lovely Evening”

@Angela's
Ranked #23 of 562 Restaurants in Exeter
Good for: Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic, Business meetings
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Description: A friendly, intimate restaurant specialising in fresh local food, @Angela's restaurant in Exeter serves passionately prepared cuisine in an ideal location close to Exeter Cathedral and Exeter St Thomas railway station. Offering high quality seafood, meat, game and vegetarian dishes, @Angela's is committed to using eco-friendly produce, sourced from the finest local suppliers. Signature dishes include Roasted Duck Breast with caramelised orange sauce and Baked Filo Parcel filled with mushroom and walnut duxelle. Each main course is served with fresh vegetables and potatoes, and dietary requirements can be catered for on request. Children of all ages are welcome, making @Angela's a superb restaurant for family dining. Warm spot lighting and calm background music in the evenings also make @Angela's an attractive restaurant for romantic dinners or a comfortable catch-up meal with friends. @Angela's was awarded 'outstanding contribution' to food service in the Food & Drink Devon Awards.
Reviewed 8 September 2017

What a find in Exeter which is absolutely lacking in independent eateries. Three of us ventured out to Angela's last night and we weren't disappointed. For starters we had both the scollops and the mackerel. My companions loved the scollops and my mackerel was cooked perfectly. For mains they had the pork whilst I had the turbot. Just one little thing niggled - the sauce for the fish could have done with a little more seasoning. The vegetables came in their own little edible baskets - a really lovely touch which added extra texture. For puds we had chocolate mousse and sticky toffee pudding which all lived up to expectations. Accompaniments were done well. The home made white bread with rosemary was excellent, the wine list was good and next time we will be getting a taxi as, because I was driving, I couldn't sample the artisan gins on offer. Without a doubt I would recommend this restaurant and I'm looking forward to another visit!

1  Thank MECWatford

Reviewed 4 August 2017 via mobile

Booked a table at Angela's for my Wife's Birthday. Lovely welcoming from the owner. Had a Pre Meal drink while we looked at the menu.

Fantastic choice of localy sourced Seafood, Meat and Game.

I had the Squid as a starter and the Guinea Fowl as a main. The waiter was new and being trained. But was very good and attentive. Great selection of beers. And the wine list was good and not too expensive.

We all had desserts, Coffee and a drink to go with the coffee. Very relaxed atmosphere.

The food was fantastic and we all had a thoroughly enjoyable evening. Thank you.

1  Thank CBS58
Reviewed 24 July 2017

A fantastic restaurant - beautifully cooked food. The best we have had anywhere for quite a while. It was a celebratory meal following our son's graduation and they made it a really special evening They even decorated a plate in chocolate saying congratulations. It is quite a small restaurant but well worth going!

1  Thank SusannaG
Reviewed 21 July 2017 via mobile

Last meal of our Exeter trip and was most enjoyable. Angela, the host, was a lovely person, engaging and attentive. The food was good without being stunning and the wine choice also passed muster. Other diners were effusive in their praise. It was a little painful on the pocket. I've eaten better for significantly less, but nevertheless, we enjoyed our meals. Kudos to the man in the back....well done chef.

Hope to see you folks again.....

1  Thank Daveontour30
Reviewed 15 July 2017 via mobile

A wonderful experience from start to finish. Went for our anniversary meal and Angela's did not disappoint. We both had scallops for starters, delicious, I had monk fish, hubby had lamb both faultless and beautifully presented. No dessert for me but my hubby had creme brûlée (best he's tasted apparently) still talking about it the day after. A lovely touch was a happy anniversary piped in chocolate on a plate with 2 yummy truffles, given at the end of our meal. Wine choice good. Will definitely return.

1  Thank coolcathyCornwall

Been to @Angela's? Share your experiences!