“Date night”

@Angela's
Ranked #55 of 555 Restaurants in Exeter
Good for: Business meetings, Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Description: A friendly, intimate restaurant specialising in fresh local food, @Angela's restaurant in Exeter serves passionately prepared cuisine in an ideal location close to Exeter Cathedral and Exeter St Thomas railway station. Offering high quality seafood, meat, game and vegetarian dishes, @Angela's is committed to using eco-friendly produce, sourced from the finest local suppliers. Signature dishes include Roasted Duck Breast with caramelised orange sauce and Baked Filo Parcel filled with mushroom and walnut duxelle. Each main course is served with fresh vegetables and potatoes, and dietary requirements can be catered for on request. Children of all ages are welcome, making @Angela's a superb restaurant for family dining. Warm spot lighting and calm background music in the evenings also make @Angela's an attractive restaurant for romantic dinners or a comfortable catch-up meal with friends. @Angela's was awarded 'outstanding contribution' to food service in the Food & Drink Devon Awards.
Reviewed 30 September 2017 via mobile

What a wonderful venue to spend a quiet and intimate date night. Small and non pretentious family run restaurant.
Fresh local and honest home cooked food presented beautifully into a plate, like a piece of artwork.
We managed to squeeze in 3 courses, each course was delicious. My gluten free diet was not a problem and there was a good choice of dishes. It was nice that you got a reasonable break between each course, never felt rushed. Don't know how Angela does it, she looks after each table personally, comes back to ask if all is ok without it feeling intrusive. Brilliant, already told others about it and will be sure to revisit.

1  Thank Clare W

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 18 September 2017 via mobile

Excellent food
Excellent wine
Excellent service
Don't hesitate to book a meal here - it's superb. I shall be going again.

1  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 8 September 2017

What a find in Exeter which is absolutely lacking in independent eateries. Three of us ventured out to Angela's last night and we weren't disappointed. For starters we had both the scollops and the mackerel. My companions loved the scollops and my mackerel was cooked perfectly. For mains they had the pork whilst I had the turbot. Just one little thing niggled - the sauce for the fish could have done with a little more seasoning. The vegetables came in their own little edible baskets - a really lovely touch which added extra texture. For puds we had chocolate mousse and sticky toffee pudding which all lived up to expectations. Accompaniments were done well. The home made white bread with rosemary was excellent, the wine list was good and next time we will be getting a taxi as, because I was driving, I couldn't sample the artisan gins on offer. Without a doubt I would recommend this restaurant and I'm looking forward to another visit!

1  Thank MECWatford
Reviewed 4 August 2017 via mobile

Booked a table at Angela's for my Wife's Birthday. Lovely welcoming from the owner. Had a Pre Meal drink while we looked at the menu.

Fantastic choice of localy sourced Seafood, Meat and Game.

I had the Squid as a starter and the Guinea Fowl as a main. The waiter was new and being trained. But was very good and attentive. Great selection of beers. And the wine list was good and not too expensive.

We all had desserts, Coffee and a drink to go with the coffee. Very relaxed atmosphere.

The food was fantastic and we all had a thoroughly enjoyable evening. Thank you.

1  Thank CBS58
Reviewed 24 July 2017

A fantastic restaurant - beautifully cooked food. The best we have had anywhere for quite a while. It was a celebratory meal following our son's graduation and they made it a really special evening They even decorated a plate in chocolate saying congratulations. It is quite a small restaurant but well worth going!

1  Thank SusannaG

Been to @Angela's? Share your experiences!