“cream tea”

The Welcome Cafe
Ranked #2 of 567 Restaurants in Exeter
Cuisines: Cafe
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: The Welcome Cafe is a family run independent business serving locally sourced and home cooked food, with Vegan, Vegetarian and Gluten free options available. A modern cafe selling Art Work. With Fat Roc Coffee and Teas Me loose leaf tea. We are open 6 days a week Tuesday through to Sunday and only closed on a Monday, except for bank holiday's when we will be open. We have been struggling to change the opening times through trip advisor so hopefully this confirmation of our hours will help.
Reviewed 7 April 2018

I have reviewed this café before, but would like to do so again as before the service is excellent, the scones are perfect, rustic looking and baked on site,the presentation on the plate is so appealing, have the double shot of coffee, best coffee in Exeter, dogs are welcome if well behaved

Reviewed 15 March 2018

My friend and I came here during a little wander along the Quay. I have visited most places on and near the Quay and had heard of this but never had the occasion to visit. I'll definitely be coming back.. there are two rooms and both of them are very prettily decorated. (Reminds me a little of the Glorious Art Cafe on Fore St, another favourite). We stopped in at around 3pm so some of the lunch options had ended but there were still a range of quiches available and some simply mouth-watering cakes. What was just fantastic though was the price.. everything is really good value in comparison to the bigger places around and homemade. I opted for the vegan chocolate cake (although not a vegan) just from how it looked and it was one of the best cakes I've ever had. Really soft, moist texture. The Quiche Lorraine was really tasty and hit the spot. Nice place to relax. You need to go to the counter to order which is not immediately apparent on a first visit but once you've worked it out, service is really friendly.

2  Thank SallyToulon
Reviewed 5 February 2018 via mobile

This café is a great little place had heard all about it from my boyfriend when he had gone with his parents that are regulars and noticed it’s dog friendly as well.

1  Thank Madeleine A
Reviewed 21 January 2018 via mobile

A fantastic find ,our lurchers were allowed in and supplied with blankets to lay on. We ordered a coffee and tea cakes, the coffee was excellent and the tea cakes were best presented i have ever seen with a great atmosphere and friendly staff we will definitely be visiting again to try the meals.

Reviewed 19 November 2017

What a lovely gem down by the quay, we have been coming here since it opened and I just had to write a review, today we went here to celebrate my father in laws birthday, and as usual the Welcome Cafe lived up to its usual standard, this cafe never fails to go beyond our expectations, the food was delicious, served beautifully, and the service warm, friendly and welcoming as always. A must if down on the quay, and worth making your way there even if your further a field, you will not be disappointed. We never are, we are locals and recommend the Welcome Cafe highly.. Enjoy..

1  Thank Jennifer F