1,326 results
All reviews close to the railway station city centre secure parking good size standard room bit dated powerful shower would stay again comfy bed one night stay full english university hoe theatre
Reviewed 7 April 2016

I had a one night stay here with my son recently, & was concerned about what i d read before arrival.
First impressions look good , the reception staff were very friendly & welcoming, at check in i asked if i could have a bowl & spoon if possible for my sons supper a waitress kindly delivered one to my room within 15 mins or so.
Yes the rooms are a bit dated, but everywhere was clean & very comfortable with plenty of space. Toiletries & towels are provided as well as tea /coffee facilities.
Overall all we had a lovely stay & would be happy to stay again if the need arises, Thanks to all the friendly, helpfull staff , it was much appreciated.

Room tip: Great value hotel
Date of stay: April 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
TrevorVels, General Manager at Copthorne Hotel Plymouth, responded to this reviewResponded 8 April 2016

Dear michellejsleep,

Thank you for taking the time to submit such a balanced and positive response after your recent stay with us. We sincerely appreciate your superb feedback and are delighted that you clearly enjoyed your stay.

Thank you for your positive comment on mys staff's service - I am delighted to see how they were able to assist you with your specific requirements.

We look forward to having you stay with us again on your return to Plymouth.

Reviewed 7 April 2016

This is a really tired hotel in much need of refurbishment, if it was not for the exceptional staff (who without fail exceeded expectations), this would be a 2 star review! We stayed in a club room which is very roomy and has an excellent chair for working (a proper office chair no less). The room is well lit and the furnishings are tired but comfortable. The plumbing is VERY noisy but the bathroom is well equipped and in working order.

Room tip: Upgrade to a club room for free wifi and better working space
Date of stay: April 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Dear morlandmonk,

Thank you for your review of our hotel after your recent stay. I am particularly gratified to read your positive comments on my staff. We are very proud of them and yes, they are indeed the successful heart of our business.

However, please accept my apology for your disappointment with aspects of our decor giving the impression of the hotel being dated. We are acutely aware of this need and I am able to assure you that we are embarking on a significant improvement plan over the next 12 months where all aspects of the hotel's decor and facilities will be addressed. This will include the exterior, Food and Beverage areas, public areas and rooms.

Naturally, this will take a fair amount of time to implement but I have no doubt that you will note the gradual improvements on any return visits as we complete these projects between now and the year end.

I do hope that we will have the opportunity of welcoming you back to stay with us again.

Reviewed 29 March 2016 via mobile

We had a family get together but no room at the house so my disabled mother and I stayed here for a night.
Booked a disabled room was on the ground floor not much room in the room, but it served the purpose. After checking in at about 2100 we went to the bar and had a snack which was served quickly and hot. A little on the expensive side.
Beds very comfortable.
Had a bath chair in the very large bathroom which was good but a shower in a wet room would of been a lot easier. Decor a little tired. The taxi company the hotel use were appalling we ordered a taxi that could take a wheelchair they were almost an hour late after the hotel phoning them on several occasions.
I might stay there again without my mother but don't think the disabled facilities had been thought out properly.

Date of stay: February 2016
Trip type: Travelled with family
TrevorVels, General Manager at Copthorne Hotel Plymouth, responded to this reviewResponded 31 March 2016

Dear Liz50488,

Thank you very much for your review of our hotel after your recent stay. We sincerely appreciate your feedback as it assists us in maintaining our standards of superior service and hospitality.

Please accept my apology for the current configuration of our disabled room. The bath is a result of previous design and therefore why we have installed a chair lift to provide reasonable access. We are however in process of changing this to a fully equipped wet room as part of our impending refurbishment program.

Equally, please accept my apology for the shoddy service received from our taxi company. I will be contacting them directly to address this issue.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the future.

Reviewed 24 March 2016

The hotel is very easy to find near the train station and not far to walk into town. Checkin was friendly and informative. Room was very clean, comfortable and well-furnished. There was enough light to do paperwork comfortably and the desk was a good size. Good WiFi. The bathroom was clean and the shower worked well. Breakfast was very nice. The restaurant was quite busy with at least three groups of guests having breakfast work meetings but there was plenty of space and it made a good buzz in the room. Checkout was friendly and left me wanting to return. I couldn't fault it for the price.

Date of stay: March 2016
Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank tony g

Dear tony g,

Thank you for taking the time to submit such a positive response after your recent stay with us. We sincerely appreciate your superb feedback and are delighted that you clearly enjoyed your stay.

Thank you also for your positive comments regarding our WIFI and our breakfast.

We look forward to having you stay with us again on your return to Plymouth.

Reviewed 22 March 2016

The hotel itself is nice enough. Staff are very friendly and polite. It's clean, bathroom was very clean. That's the good bit......It's noisy at night from the boilers and if you've a room at the front the noise from the road keeps you awake. The hotel has no soul at all its just a room to stay in. Flat and boring.....I left a feedback form with my comments and even put 'I'll wait a week to see what response you give before posting on trip advisor'. four weeks later nothing which says it all. When are these chains going to realise customers won't go back if they don't get a response to a survey they've asked you to complete!!! I wonder whether the CEO's ever bother to see what people think of them, I know I would but there probably happy raking in 6 figure salaries I guess. By the way the breakfast was excellent.....and don't forget your earplugs

Room tip: Away from the road
Date of stay: March 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled on business

Dear BournemouthDemi,

Thank you for taking time to provide us with feedback on your recent experiences at our hotel.

Please accept my sincerest apology for not having responded to your guest survey. It is very much an applied standard that all of our guests are consistently responded to, particularly when a stay is anything less than perfect. I will address this mis-communication with the staff member concerned. Please allow me to equally apologise for the noise disruption you encountered from what sounds like our heating system. Once again, I will address this with my maintenance team to rectify any issues that may exist as this is certainly not the norm.

I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your breakfast experience and although this stay did not meet your expectations, I hope that you will consider returning to stay with us again when you next visit Plymouth.