All reviewsleisure facilitiesoasis spasteam roomhen partyswimming poolcourse evening mealbar menugreat facilitieslarge bathroomone night stayfamily roomfull englishgymweddingchurchillbrasserieplympton
Reviewed 1 November 2015 via mobile

The staff were really friendly and helpful. The spa day I had here with my friend was really nice and it was topped off perfectly with a lovely 3 course dinner.

The hotel I admit needs to be redecorated but overall it was a very good stay and I would go again. If you visit make sure you have a walk around the group they are beautiful.

Stayed: October 2015, travelled with friends
mike l, General Manager at Elfordleigh Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 2 November 2015

Dear Amelia,

Thank you for your very constructive comments, we are in the process of updating our rooms and should be finished by early spring but am pleased to hear that this did not stop you enjoying our lovely Hotel and Spa.

Please do not leave it too long before you visit again.

Reviewed 1 November 2015

we stayed here for a few days at the end of October to visit family, we were greeted by a very friendly young lady called jess who Couldnt be anymore help full, we got to our room and was very pleasantly surprised, large spacious room, with a large bathroom including a spa bath and separate shower, very nice view of the grounds, we found the facilities very good, nice pool sauna steam room and spa's , we found a large selection at breakfast which was good,staff were friendly and helpfull, although hotel does need some TLC we would be VERY HAPPY to stay again and will do so in the future. A VERY BIG THANK YOU TO JESS ON RECEPTION , lovely young lady .

• Stayed: October 2015, travelled as a couple

Dear Suzanne,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review following you stay at the Elfordleigh Hotel.

I will certainly pass on your kind comments to the team especially Jess.

We look forward to welcoming you to the Elfordleigh in the near future.

Take Care

Reviewed 31 October 2015 via mobile

Me, my partner and our 4 year old daughter stayed here in October 2015 for 2 nights midweek. Having looked at some of the reviews on here *after* I'd booked us in here I was a bit apprehensive as I drove up the long driveway.

In a nutshell this hotel is in desperate need of updating. The building itself is a worn out pink colour, the signage on the front of the building is wonky and rusty and the outbuildings of the hotel need re painting. Our room, a premier triple room, was very big and on the whole quite clean. It did however present with two or three massive chips in the paintwork, numerous cracks in the dado rail and skirting board and some mouldy patches in the bathroom on the skirting board under the shower.

The bed was moderately comfortable but a tad on the hard side but the pillows were so flat they were pretty much useless. To add to our bed based misery there was a very very loud creaking noise directly above us that kept us awake for some of the night. This was probably due to the fact that it was incredibly windy outside, but nevertheless not what you would expect from a hotel.

There are a few plus points. The hotel pool and spa is one of the best I have ever experienced in a hotel. Very warm, very big and very family friendly. The dining and bar areas are also nice and clean, but the breakfast was average. It seems that everything was fried and the vegetarian sausages present like left overs from the roast the night before.

On the whole there are two ways of looking at this hotel. The first is that it desperately needs someone to come in and modernise the place pronto. Rooms need retouching and repainting to improve their quality dramatically. The second is that the hotel is fine as it is - albeit at a third of the price it's asking for now.

Unless you really have to stay here because you're attending a function, then personally I wouldn't recommend it. With Plymouth a short drive away you'd be better off finding something there to stay in.

Stayed: October 2015, travelled with family

Dear Reviewer,

I am sorry to hear that you did not enjoy all the aspects of your stay at the Elfordleigh.

We do realise as you can read from previous comments that we are let down somewhat by the décor, we are going through a refurbishment programme which will bring our rooms up to a more modern standard.

I do feel we are selling a product that is clean, warm, hospitable, and value for money.

I do hope you come back in the New Year and try our facilities once more.

Kind Regards

Michael Lee

Reviewed 30 October 2015

Had a good value stopover here. The hotel staff were excellent in te reception and bar and we had a lovely dinner. Room spacious. The only let down being the haddock served at breakfast...probably because it was a good sized portion and hadnt defrosted adeqautely...it was undercooked and raw in the middle. Sent it back and got a cooked one....

Stayed: October 2015

Dear Steve,

Thank you for your comments, its nice of you to take the time to write a constructive review.

Please accept my apologies for your undercooked haddock at breakfast but am pleased to read that this was rectified.

I am pleased that you enjoyed all the other aspects of your stay and will certainly pass on your comments to my team.

We do hope you visit us again in the near future.

Take Care

Reviewed 26 October 2015

I booked a spa day for myself and a friend and the booking was very organised and clear and the person on the phone ran through all the details and made sure all the timings were ok. When we arrived on the day, we had our forms to fill out and we booked lunch too and enjoyed a complimentary drink. We also had a voucher for a drink to use during our stay. All the staff were really friendly on reception and everything was very organised. The changing rooms and toilets were clean and spacious and the pool and all the facilities were clean and working well. My friend and I had both booked the Decleor facial which Chloe did and it was fantastic. We weren't rushed at all and it was such a good quality facial, we felt thoroughly relaxed. The lunch was served upon our arrival in the dining room even though we were a little earlier than booked which was great. We had sandwiches and ciabatta and both meals were delicious. The service was prompt and friendly. I couldn't fault the day at all, so efficient and friendly and most importantly the place was clean! I'll definitely be going back again soon. There is a really good choice of different pamper day options.

• Stayed: October 2015, travelled with friends

Dear Reviewer,

We are very pleased to read that you enjoyed your spa day with us at the Elfordleigh.

The Spa team always work very hard to ensure all their guests have first class treatments,
they are all well trained in what they offer.

The hotel team work together to make sure that Spa Days and breaks are well looked after in respect of food and service to compliment the spa teams hard work.

We hope to see you again soon, perhaps someone may buy you a voucher for Christmas. !!

Take care