“Mixture of starters”

Price range: US$11 - US$22
Cuisines: European
Good for: Groups, Special Occasion Dining, Bar Scene
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Description: The Treasury Cafe Bar & Restaurant is a contender for Plymouth's most stylish venue for drinks and dinner. Set in a 19th century former banking building, the Treasury is Plymouth's leading gin and cocktail bar, boasting more than 200 gins, huge neo gothic windows, soaring pillared ceilings and original art. The vibe is laid back, sophisticated and mature. The chefs use the freshest local produce to create an innovative casual dining menu with high standards. There is also an upstairs functions room which can be hired for events.
Reviewed 21 August 2021 via mobile

Myself and Girlfriend ordered a mixture of Prawns with aioli, pulled pork with cheesy chips & jalapeños, buttermilk chicken. We sat down and didn't receive the food for over 30mins their was only a few people eating at the time so assumed we won't be waiting long. When the food arrived it was delivered to the table next to us and no table number was given at the start so thats how the error occurred. An apology was made but I think for staff just learning the job more diligence is needed. The first two starters were lovely and really enjoyed them but the chicken was over cooked and tasteless. If I was to compare this type of service to other places I've eaten with similar character I would say room for improvement. Wasn't asked if we enjoyed the meal either. Unfortunately spoilt a nice treat I was given today

Date of visit: August 2021
Write a reviewReviews (487)

Reviewed 5 August 2021

Visited as a group of 7 for bottomless brunch. All the meals we received were great and drinks were made promptly when ordered. Not a single complaint from any of us even with two very picky eaters. Staff were lovely and very polite. We were a bit unsure on the price beforehand but once finished we all agreed it was well worth the price and we’re very happy we had decided to visit on our holiday! Will definitely be returning on return to Plymouth in the future!

Date of visit: August 2021
Reviewed 26 July 2021

Lovely afternoon, scrumptious high tea with Prosecco great service and attention from Dan . 5⭐ service, we will be going back. Thank you 7

Reviewed 18 July 2021

Never in my life have I been spoken to as rudely as I was spoken to by the manager of The Treasury last night. Whether you feel the customer is in the wrong or not to be so unapologetic for poor service, to all but accuse the customer of lying and then to make the customer feel like they have been kicked out all because they have brought a problem to your attention is unacceptable. Regardless of what you think you said a half full drink and one round of drinks in an hour and 45 minutes is not an example of good service. It's a shame because you have a lovely venue and obviously you have a good reputation but your attitude and unprofessional behaviour has let you down.

Reviewed 18 July 2021

we’d booked a table for my friends birthday but we were running late by 15 minutes. We did call and pre warn. When we arrived staff were super lovely and we did still get a table.
Two of the girls on our table ordered espresso martinis, one with no sugar. When the drinks arrived one glass was half full. When this was brought to the waitresses attention she immediately became super defensive and basically said that’s what it is, for £8, despite the other full glass. It was later discovered that if she had just had some manners and explained the sugar she asked to not have was in fact syrup and therefor that is why the glass is half full(it doesn’t state on the menu it is sugar syrup). Or perhaps explained to expect that when this drink was ordered… or just have some customer service when being approached with an issue.
From the time we ordered those drinks at 8.10pm to 9.30pm we were not once asked if we would like another drink. The place was dead. One man, who we now know was the Manager, walked past asked if everything was ok and as we replied he kept walking.
The same waitress then continued to serve the two other tables around us.
When all this was disappointingly brought to the Managers attention he was just as rude. Bearing in mind one of the girls on our table is heavily pregnant and having been a waitress myself before, I would NEVER act the way any of the staff did this night, nor would I raise my voice and make a pregnant women feel uncomfortable.
The manager immediately cut us of when explaining how disappointed we were with these issues and replied. “No, I find that offensive, I asked if you wanted more drinks” considering we’d all only managed ONE drink and one on our table being pregnant, I think we are aware of what was said and how our table was dealt with. He then continued to say “what is it, £31, just forget it, I’ll wipe it” grabbed the bill and stormed off. The defensive rude attitude screamed nothing but guilt, a simple apology would of been sufficient.
Not at one point did we want to not pay or go out for a few drinks to be spoken to like this.
Perhaps the Treasury team had a rubbish night? As human as we all are to having a rubbish time occasionally at work, this is no way to speak to guests and more importantly a pregnant lady.
As we got up to leave the manager popped back and said “I’m sorry it had to end like that”
!?!? It didn’t have to end like that, that was youR loss of temper and your lack of customer service. Which quite frankly was disgusting.