“A quick coffee??”

Costa Coffee
Ranked #46 of 54 Coffee & Tea in Plymouth
Cuisines: Cafe
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Am I the only one who resents paying restaurant prices for coffee yet dislikes queuing up for ages to get it?
Then have to sit at an outside table surrounded by debris and cigarette stubs.

Reviewed 2 weeks ago

We visit this outlet nearly every weekend when heading out. It is very busy but the staff work hard to ensure that people get their orders quickly. If using the drive in it can be a little jam packed at times but this is down to a poor road management system and not the speed of service.

Reviewed 7 February 2018

After a shopping trip in the retail park it was suggested that we visited Costa for some refreshment. I’m so glad we did. There was a real buzz in there, and we relaxed in comfort for our break. The coffee was the usual good dependable Costa quality, and the light, bright environment made it all the more enjoyable. Now the only picky bit. An extra toilet or two would not go amiss. The two existing toilets were good and clean but in great demand. For the duration of our stay there was always at least one person waiting to go to the loo. (As I say, I am being rather picky.)

Reviewed 31 December 2017 via mobile

It's Costa, great coffee as always, like all places constantly busy with large queues, the drive through is a life saver on busy mornings.

Reviewed 16 October 2017 via mobile

Due to an extended visit to one of the big 'sheds' to chose a bathroom, I had the misfortune to visit here twice in two days. Each time the queue was out of the door - no surprise when you get near enough the counter to see there's one person in the till and one person on a huge 4 station coffee machine both times. So delays in both places, plus only 2 food heaters, into which the staff put one sandwich at a time, an extra 2 minutes on each serve. The shortest queue time was 20 minutes from entering to leaving... for a coffee. Add to this the huge inconvenience caused by the drive thru, which clogs up the car park for other users and I should think if I were Costa management I'd be looking very hard at whether this outlet was worth the investment. If I was Homebase or Wickes or Furniture Village or anyone else on that retail park I'd be rushing through my planning application for a café or restaurant as they would clean up if properly managed. Sorry Costa, this isn't a multinational bashing, but a genuine dislike of shoddy service. I won't be visiting again unless I can see there's no queue.