“Lovely”

The Village Restaurant
Ranked #13 of 764 Restaurants in Plymouth
Price range: US$0 - US$51
Cuisines: Greek, Seafood
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Child-friendly, Local cuisine, Romantic, Groups
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 13 December 2017 via mobile

We went in on a Sunday with no booking, they seated us fine, we had a starter and a main, both dishes were cooked beautifully, the staff were really nice, great atmosphere, will definitely go their again.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,015)

Reviewed 10 December 2017 via mobile

I went here in a freezing rainy evening without booking ahead (as I was too tired after a long traveling day) but they still manage to find me a table. The atmosphere in the restaurant was great: all the guests were happy. The staffs were friendly and caring. And above all, the food was fantastic. I ordered a plate of seafood and failed in love with that after the very first bite. And the plate was huge that I couldn’t have it all! Will come back for sure!

Reviewed 4 December 2017

The owners of the Invicta Hotel recommended this small restaurant in the Barbican for dinner and it was wonderful. I went back the second night I was there since I enjoyed it so much. It is owned by a Greek man and he and the staff could not be friendlier - always important to me as a solo traveler. Seafood is their specialty and over the two dinners I had fantastic mussels, dover sole, and fish and shrimp thermidor . A great indication of the kind of place it is was the first night when I arrived I immediately realized I had left my wallet back at the hotel. I explained to the owner and offered to go back and get it. He knew I was trustworthy I guess because the hotel had made my reservation so he said don't worry, just call me with the number when you get back to the hotel! Anyway - great restaurant in Plymouth.

Reviewed 3 December 2017

Booked a table last minute they fitted us in lovely owners excellent food and great atmosphere we are from cornwall visiting sister and will be back in new year.

Reviewed 3 December 2017 via mobile

They managed to squeeze us in as we had not booked. The place was buzzing as full. The staff were Amazing, friendly, attentive and genuine, felt like a family business. The food was fantastic I had prawns to start then fillet steak as did my husband and our daughter all cooked to our choice. Huge portions and the best chips we have had for a long time proper fried chips! Very reasonably priced. Just a wonderful evening we will be back thanks guys.