“-25% voucher... and still disappointing”
Review of Prezzo Torquay

Prezzo Torquay
Ranked #74 of 338 Restaurants in Torquay
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Groups, Special Occasion Dining, Kids, Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Brunch, Lunch, After-hours, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Saix, France
“-25% voucher... and still disappointing”
Reviewed 16 March 2012

Lack lustre service. Both our meals were tepid at best. The Executive pizza I had was not hot enough to wilt the leaves of the spinach topping, or to bring the mozzarella off the fridge temperature from which it had just come. We would have said something to the waiting staff but no one actually turned up to ask if all was ok. I wish we had as much attention as the empty tables had which were prepared for future unfortunates.

Been here a few times and in the past the haughty service attitude was overshadowed by the food quality. This time... just not worth it. Go round the corner to the Offshore Bar.

1 Thank Mike-at-saix

Bridport, United Kingdom
“A warm welcome and excellent food”
Reviewed 13 March 2012

I have visited several PREZZO restaurants and have always found the quality of the food to be excellent. This outlet was no different.

I have noticed that PREZZO restaurants are often cited in unusual yet impressive buildings. PREZZO Torquay is based in the building which used to house Lloyds Bank. The architecture is rather grand and the quality of the interior fittings is high. The fact that the building used to be a bank does not dampen the enjoyment of its clientele.

The staff are young and energetic. Service was relatively fast and the serving staff were attentive.

The best thing about PREZZO restaurants is the food which is excellent. Every member of our party was impressed. I had the 'Pollo Gorgonzola' once again, which was first class. I keep meaning to try different things on the menu but the quality of this dish is so good that I am often lured back to try it once again.

Prices at this restaurant are always reasonable and should be an example to some of the haughtier establishments around the town. I will definitely be visiting again.

If you are visiting on a Friday or Saturday night, particularly in the holiday season, please remember to book or you will be disappointed.

Torquay, United Kingdom
“Great food, terrible service...”
Reviewed 4 March 2012

We took up an offer from a major supermarket and got given some vouchers to eat at Prezzo. After a so-so greeting, not rude, but certainly not that friendly we were shown to our table and given menus. We had selected a bottle of wine within 2 minutes (one of our strong points!) but had to wait for what felt like a very long time for someone to come and take our drinks order, even with staff members milling around the general area throughout this wait. The restaurant was busy but not heaving, and frequently throughout our visit I could see staff members chatting in a clearly relaxed and social manner at the bar with one another.
Once we had placed our drink order the wine arrived fairly quickly. We then had another long wait for someone to take our food order although, again, the staff had plenty of time to spend leaning against the bar.
When the waitress finally came over to take our order (following me having to all but get out of my seat to get her attention; I was getting very hungry at this point!) I have to be fair and say that she was friendly, polite and attentive. What a shame that she seemed to be the only one with these qualities!!
The saving grace of our evening was the food; on the whole it was excellent and arrived quickly. I have no complaints about the food.
Following our meal we were keen to get the bill and continue our evening but, unbeknownst to us, we were about to have to endure our longest wait of the night! After sitting with our empty plates and glasses for at least 15 minutes for anyone to see to us- again with staff passing by occasionally and still socialising at the bar- I became sick of waiting. I called over to one staff member (in a much less couth manner than I'd have liked) to ask for the bill. There then followed another 10 minute wait for anything to happen. Eventually I had to get out of my seat, go over to- guess where!- the bar and ask another staff member for our bill. Finally it came, we paid and left, agreeing there would be no tip (I usually consider myself quite a generous tipper) and we would never go there again.
There are several far more superior Italian restaurants within walking distance of this restaurant and all of them offer better food, value for money and service. If our evening is indicative of Prezzo Torquay's level of service then I wouldn't be surprised to see them out of business in the near future.
Very disappointing.

Plymouth, United Kingdom
“Lovely and very reasonable restaurant!”
Reviewed 3 March 2012

Lovely restaurant, very relaxed and a large menu, something for everyone! building itself is beautiful inside! service was good and efficient accommodated 9 of us very well especially as we didn't book! Everyones food was lovely, tried a bit of each!! The pizzas are rather large but amazing italian flavours! All dishes were large portions and delicious!!

• Visited February 2012
Torquay, United Kingdom
“Good Food - Service is always slow”
Reviewed 26 February 2012

Food is good - surroundings are great, as it used to be a bank- so lovely high ceilings and windows and lots of marble. Staff are all foreign and always seems to be dlow service - or service without the smile!