All reviews silver service mr rew four courses rotary club dining room sea view grand piano traditional hotel course dinner sunday lunch public rooms restaurant staff second to none first class sea front hotel is situated waiting staff
Reviewed 18 February 2015

This was my third visit to Livermead House hotel. Once again we enjoyed 6 days of excellent food and service from the efficient, courteous, and friendly staff in all aspects of the hotel. The food is first rate with an excellent choice of starters,mains and sweets and a varied breakfast menu with something for all tastes.
The hotel is in an excellent location convenient for touring and sightseeing. Admittedly there are minor points that would update room quality ie my shower was adequate but not great. Overall I am looking forward to another visit in the future. Many thanks to all the staff for their helpful service.

2  Thank 972Anthony
Reviewed 16 February 2015

We have just returned from our 2nd visit to this hotel What a superb location with excellent service to match
Tim and all the staff made us feel so welcome and nothing was to much trouble
I would have no hesitation in recommending this hotel for weekend and longer stays
particularly in the summer
Jim /Jayne Willis

Room tip: Ask for a sea view every time
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank jamesntwillis
Reviewed 13 February 2015

Stayed here for 6 days in February. my second visit. Every meal was impeccably served by friendly and courteous staff, and the quality and presentation was first class. Not many hotels achieve this standard consistently, and while the rooms could do with some minor updating, the meals more than make up for any small shortcomings. Overall, this hotel offers a traditional atmosphere which appeals to older guests like myself!

Room tip: Aim to get a sea-view room, although there is some traffic noise from the busy road below.
2  Thank IAN W
Reviewed 30 January 2015

Last weekend I stayed at this hotel. The staff were most helpful and friendly. The quality and presentation of the food you could not fault.

OK the bedroom window could have benefitted from a coat of paint but how long does one spend in the bedroom inspecting the paint!

My thanks to Tim and all the staff that looked after us so well.

Date of stay: January 2015
2  Thank Rosemary L
Reviewed 23 January 2015

On arrival, the receptionist was rude and ignored us.
The room we were allocated was the worst hotel room that I've been offered in recent years. The double room was very small with hardly any room to walk around the bed. The room was cold and the central heating radiator was not working. There were cobwebs in the corners of the ceiling. The en-suite bathroom was very small and had no heating whatsoever.
I went back to reception and asked for another room. The manager said that the hotel was full and that he would try and sort out the heating if we would wait in the lounge.
After an hour, I asked for a progress report and was told that the heating was still being worked on. The manager suddenly offered me another room which turned out to be large and with a pleasant view. The en-suite bathroom however was the only one I've ever seen where each piece of the bathroom suite was a different colour, although all were cracked.
I would never stay there again

Date of stay: February 2014