US$165
US$132
Blenheim House(Torquay)(Great Value!)
US$84
US$105
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 16 July 2011

WE were made very welcome nice room.good food and plenty.excellent staff especially the dinning room staff JOHN and COLIN .entertainment was good especially quiz night with COLIN it was a laugh a minute i hope the staff are told how much we appreciate them for making our holiday a good one.please give JOHN and COLIN our regards and thanks for making our holiday complete we were named by Colin mother and daughter.hope to see you again soon

Room Tip: 207 room good view spacious
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank christene54
Reviewed 2 July 2011

Just came back from BUTE COURT HOTEL, where we had a very happy holiday, my sister, my mother and mother-in-law who are both disabled,were given ground floor rooms and all the hotel is accessible for disabled guests. The food was very good and plenty of it,well cooked and tasty. The waiters were pleasant and helpful especially John, but i found Colin a little OTT,who circled the dining room like Tommy Cooper instead of being discreet, constantly drew attention to himself. The hotel is conveniently placed near the bay and beach and a taxi to the high street, even with 2 wheelchairs in the boot only cost £4.50. Jillie the monday night entertainer was excellent and all round we had a thoroughly enjoyable holiday and would not hesitate to return in the future

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank janny73
Reviewed 16 March 2011

My friends and I have just had a wonderful holiday at the Bute Court Hotel in Torquay. I cannot understand why it is only rated a 2 star. Our rooms were spacious and clean with a regular stock of tea/coffee and milk. The staff were courteous and helpful at all times. I'm not used to slumming and do like good, clean polite service and an ample surpply of food and the hotel all met my requirements Thank you and without doubt we will come again.

• Stayed: March 2011
3  Thank daisybell60
Reviewed 12 March 2011

Considering this is a 2 star hotel we thought it was excellent value for the price. It was overall clean the food was of good quality taking in to account the 2 stars. There was enough to keep us all happy. My only suggestion there would be for the waiting on staff not to be in quite so much of a hurry to get the feeding done I felt as though I was being rushed all the time.
We stayed for 4 nights Monday to Friday morning. The entertainment on Monday and Tuesday was very very good. Wednesday was a guy who tried to take off Mike Reid and failed miserably he was going to do his act no matter what was said or done, he was rude to a member of our party. So Bob you need to learn that the customer is always right. Thursday nights entertainment was by one of the staff Colin. Colin had us in stitches all evening and as he is employed as a waiter come other things he did the hotel proud.
We slept in a room at the front of the hotel, and because where we live is so quite we were woken every morning by the noise levels of Road Sweepers, Bin Men, Glass collection and all sorts of other noises. So if your not used to noise of any sort suggest you opt for a room at the back of the hotel
So overall my advice would be if your looking for a hotel that is cheap and cheerful this did the job for us.

• Stayed: March 2011
2  Thank Roy_Sigs
Reviewed 18 February 2011

I have to say that this was the worst experience of staying in a Torquay hotel I have ever experienced. This is a cheap no frills budget hotel. The room overlooked the carpark, the curtains didn't meet in the middle to shut and were hanging off. The beds had springs sticking out of the mattress. The bath was like something from the war, it was high up but extremely shallow and even if you are 5'3" as I am, the only bath you will get is by sitting bold upright.
The food is plated up and has not been cooked by Bute Court but by some cheap frozen food company somewhere else. It was tasteless, bland mush.
Breafast was served on the smallest plate ever, but it probably was a blessing because the food was not better.
The only thing in this hotels favour is the grand hall reception area with a lovely staircase, but you can't sit here all the time and imagine you're somewhere else can you.
The service? well the only waiter in the restaurant (no need for anymore I expect when you only need to hand out plates), was greasy looking, ingratiating and wearing a smelly grey shirt - all week.
The bar, again only one person serving in a tiny little space who could not cope with a rush of customers.
I would not recommend this place to anyone and advise you to read the reviews before discovering that you have wasted your money

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled with family