All reviews indoor pool family break family suite sunday lunch hotel is great family run hotel excellent value for money great weekend excellent breakfast pleasant stay feel very welcome jacuzzi facilities stuart sofa
Reviewed 18 September 2018

We booked the venue for my daughter's 21st birthday surprise party. I met Gemma on arrival to look around the room and see if it was suitable. It was a room that's used as a dining room, so I asked if the tables could be moved out, we didn't want them all around the sides so we were told they could be moved out, no problem.
Gemma was lovely, very friendly and accommodating and couldn't do enough to help. I asked what time we could come to decorate the room and she said we could go at 12 after the guests breakfast and the tables had been moved. This was great because it gave us chance to decorate the room, and let the dj in to set everything up.
When we went to decorate Gemma was working but she also helped us, which was great, gave us another pair of hands, nothing was too much trouble.
The room comprised of a lovely big room with bay windows at the bottom, which had the bar in the next room through an archway with barstools and a comfy sofa. This had doors which could opened for a good outdoor space. It can cater for lots of people and it was lovely that people could go into the different areas, and still be in the same place.
We had a buffet which was ok, there was a selection of sandwiches, sausage rolls and chicken nuggets, we knew people of that age didn't really eat much!
Obviously we didn't use the rest of the hotel so I can't comment on that, but I would definitely recommend it for a venue.
It was a fantastic evening enjoyed by all.
Thanks Gemma.

Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 16 September 2018 via mobile

We have used the hotel pool, spa etc for many years as guests and have always found it to be good value for money and always well maintained BUT todays visit will be our last. £24 for one adult and 2 kids. Aparently 15 year olds are now classed as adults. Spa only half full and only on for a few mins every hour. Sauna was not hot at all,had hotter cups of tea. thermometer is broken too. Nothing works in the changing rooms, tiles removed from the shower exposing pipework. Outside pool is green and full of alge. The gym is not even worh using as most things are broken. I have spoken with friends who are members of the hotel today and they agree. They tell me they wont renew the membership again as it is getting worse every week. Such a shame as it has always been a favorite place to go and relax. Think a visit from environmental health is on the cards.

Date of stay: September 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 29 August 2018

Extremely clean heated indoor pool/cold outdoor pool.
Hot/Clean jucussi. FriendlyWelcoming atmosphere from staff, members & Stuart (owner).
Uncomplicated membership system (Gym/Indoor pool/Outdoor pool/Sauna/Jacussi).
Competitive membership rates.

Room tip: Not applicable
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 22 August 2018

Great few days away with the family and our jackapoo, my daughter loved the indoor and outdoor pools, weather was amazing, breakfast included and service very good, bedding and towels white and good quality, our room was on the top floor, quite small, maybe in need of some updating and very hot because of the heatwave but asked for a fan and this was no trouble at all, great that it is a dog friendly hotel as not a lot are, parking is a little bit tight but nice that Stuart gave my partner other parking options so he didn't get his doors bashed so he was a happy bunny, hotel location very good as we were able to walk into Torquay on the night time, would very much recommend this hotel to anyone visiting Torquay and we will be back again if not this year definitely next year, thankyou for a pleasant stay and we will book direct next time

Date of stay: July 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank nikkico2018
Reviewed 18 August 2018 via mobile

Booked this hotel for a few days away to celebrate my boyfriends birthday. Before we even came to stay I was impressed with the quickness and efficiency with which Stuart replied to any email queries I had. When we got there he had put up balloons and banners for my boyfriend In the room, which I thought was a lovely and very thoughtful touch! The hotel is really lovely and homely, the pool was open long hours and also after 7pm it is adult only swim, which was nice. The location of the hotel is great, only a short walk to a nice beach and some lovely restaurants. The breakfast was good, the staff are friendly and we would definitely recommend staying here!

Date of stay: August 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple