“Lovely”

Ranked #32 of 357 Restaurants in Torquay
Price range: US$1 - US$18
Cuisines: Greek, Mediterranean
Good for: View
Description: Coffee Shop and Wine Bar located on the beautiful Torquay Harbour front. Serving freshly ground, specially blended beans. Refreshing and Sumptuous Wines and Bites to eat.
Reviewed 14 November 2017

This is a nice place to eat and have coffee
I enjoyed everything about this place
Would definitely recommend

Reviewed 11 November 2017

Lulu's is easily our favourite coffee shop and wine bar. It is truly family run by people who care. The food, service and atmosphere are all spot on.
Well worth a visit.

Reviewed 9 November 2017

We decided to visit Lulu's for lunch, (having opted for a cream tea at the small tea room a few doors down earlier in the week) and have to say we won't be going back.

We parked ourselves at a table (which wasn't that clean) and chose from the menu, before going to the bar to order. My partner decided on a jacket potato with cheese and beans whilst I went for the Chilli Chicken Ciabatta.

When the food arrived, her potato had little more than a sprinkling of cheese, which apparently is rationed in Torquay in November but my ciabatta was even more disappointing. Perhaps it's me, perhaps I've been spoiled, but when I order a ciabatta, I kind of expect to get the whole thing. However, what I got was one half of the roll, with cold chilli chicken topped with melted cheese and served with a sprinkling (they do love their sprinkles) of crisps. It tasted OK, despite the contrast of cold chicken and warm cheese, but was not exactly satisfying and frankly for £6.95 for each dish, was really bad value for money.

I have to say that everywhere else we've eaten in Devon so far has been very good (some reviews to follow) and I would suggest avoiding this place and taking advantage of one of the many alternatives.

Reviewed 7 November 2017

Lulu's is a hidden gem on Torquay harbour side. You couldn't wish for a more impressive setting and whether you sit outside enjoying the sun or inside on one of the spacious settee's, it's an experience you won't want to miss.

Lovely food & coffee plus the added benefit for me of gluten free options.

Reviewed 7 November 2017

we went into this coffee shop because it said it was dog friendly, which indeed it was the few dogs in there where well behaved, like our dog was. The shop has a lovely ambience some nice comfy settee's to sit on, the cream teas where amazing, so enjoyed them, warm scones plenty of cream & jam, and extra hot water for our tea, they even offered our dog a biscuit and some water, would defiantly recommend this place for cream teas with lvly views over the harbour.