“Birthday meal.”

Price range: US$20 - US$52
Cuisines: European, British
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Fine dining restaurant within easy walking distance of Torquay harbour, offering modern British-European cuisine using fresh local produce. A single seating policy allows you to relax and enjoy your evening without feeling rushed.
Reviewed 9 August 2018

Exelent food. Friendly and attentive service. Enjoyable evening. Will go again.book before you go. Quite a small restaurant.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,137)

Reviewed 7 August 2018 via mobile

We booķed this restaurant as an evening meal treat during our recent stay in Torquay. Tucked away from the main street, the restaurant has a cosy feel to it. Everything we ordered was delicious and clearly cooked to order - it's worth waiting a little longer for the food to arrive. Although the menu choice was not huge, there was enough to satisfy the needs of meat/fish/veggie tastes with a sizeable wine menu to match. Staff were friendly and attentive. Would not hesitate to recommend for a special occasion or holiday meal -thank you for providing us with an enjoyable evening.

Reviewed 1 August 2018 via mobile

This restaurant is brilliant, in fact it might be the best restaurant I have been too, the staff are attentive without being overbearing. We were given menus as soon as we walked in and were left to review them.

I had a question regarding the champagne and the manager came over and gave me some advice. The bottle of champagne we ordered was superb very drinkable and not too dry.

We decided to skip starters and only ordered mains, I had duck with black cherries and my husband had filet steak, both was cooked to perfection.

We then had desert of brownies and sticky toffee pudding both were lovely could have eaten seconds.

We told the manger that we here to celebrate our anniversary hence the champagne, so as a treat with our coffees we had some chocolates on a plate with the words happy anniversary written. It was so nice to be treated like that it made us feel special, would highly recommended

Reviewed 29 July 2018 via mobile

Visited The Orange Tree for a second time last night. This time for my girlfriends birthday. There’s not much else I can add to my first review really. Service was excellent, atmosphere and setting were great and agin this is still the best food we have both tasted. Also, I’d like to say thank you to the staff for the birthday surprise they brought out for my girlfriend at the end of the meal. It was much appreciated and we will definitely be visiting again.

Reviewed 24 July 2018

The wife and I had a wonderful meal at the Orange Tree on Friday night and have to commend the whole of the staff for a very enjoyable evening, they are very friendly and attentive. We had Steak (myself) and Fish which we both thought were cooked to perfection and tasted amazing.

Next time we are back in Torquay we will definitely be making a visit to The Orange Tree