“Best restaurant this year”
Review of Ciao - CLOSED

Ciao
Price range: US$28 - US$61
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic, Groups, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: This vibrant restaurant in the Old Christchurch Road in Bournemouth is always bustling with a dynamic and diverse crowd. Ciao has become a favourite with locals for its unpretentious Italian fare and chic cafeteria style. With energetic red walls, brown leather banquettes and tiled floors, the dining room is welcoming and the staff are super-friendly. Best known for their menu of traditional pizzas and pastas, Ciao also offers a range of delicious salads and meat dishes. We love the honey and lemon chicken salad; the spaghetti con gamberetti ��� spaghetti topped with prawns, scallops, rocket and fresh herbs in a tangy chilli lemon sauce; and the tasty oven-baked peppers stuffed with lentils, cannelloni beans, red onion, spinach and rosemary.
Reviewed 2 October 2013

Quite by chance, happened upon this charming restaurant. The service was perfect, our waiter was very new but had beautiful manners.The cocktails were lovely, the chilli prawns and stuffed chicken breast with veg and saute pots was beautifully cooked and seasoned. The wine was just to our taste too. We eat out a lot and this restaurant is by far the best we've been to this year.. but by a long way not the most expensive. Wish it was in my home town.

Reviewed 19 September 2013

Really enjoyed this restaurant although the menu not large it catered for a gluten free diet of which we had someone in our party and they were very keen to get that right. Beautifully presented food and good quality. They often have deals, early dining 2/1 making it very reasonable.

Reviewed 10 September 2013

I chose this restaurant as I had been there on a previous visit to Bournemouth. The service wasn't amazing - waited almost an hour for starters but they were worth the wait! However, sadly the main courses weren't that wonderful - my partner had chicken which was quite dry and bland and I had a veggie pasta dish. One thing I would like them to do is add to the choices for veggies as they were very limited.

1  Thank m1ch1980
Reviewed 9 September 2013

A fairly pleasant place with decent service.
The starters were nice but rather greasy.
The main courses were less than satisfactory- the fish was not fresh and overcooked. They only had one sea bass left which was rather annoying. The seafood risotto was not great. The seafood pasta was average. Perhaps we chose the wrong main courses because they are inconsistent with a number of other reviews on here but all I can say none of us finished the mains and are unlikely to go back again.

Reviewed 7 September 2013

Starters were pretty good, however the main course certainly left a little to be desired, two of our party had pizzas, the waiter forgot one of the toppings. My daughter asked if she could have hers cooked a little longer as she felt it was undercooked, the response was "how do you know, you haven't cut into it yet" Pizzas bases were bought in rather than made on site. The drinks and food in my opinion was over priced and under quality, we paid £75 for three. There was a second waiter who clearly was new to the job, seemed like a nice chap but had very little idea what was going on. The "head" waiter also took his break at one of the tables in the restaurant, always a bad sign...
I won't be back there are far to many good restaurants in Bournemouth to bother with this place