“Ciao - Wow !!”
Review of Ciao - CLOSED

Ciao
Price range: US$28 - US$61
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining, Groups, Romantic, Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: This vibrant restaurant in the Old Christchurch Road in Bournemouth is always bustling with a dynamic and diverse crowd. Ciao has become a favourite with locals for its unpretentious Italian fare and chic cafeteria style. With energetic red walls, brown leather banquettes and tiled floors, the dining room is welcoming and the staff are super-friendly. Best known for their menu of traditional pizzas and pastas, Ciao also offers a range of delicious salads and meat dishes. We love the honey and lemon chicken salad; the spaghetti con gamberetti ��� spaghetti topped with prawns, scallops, rocket and fresh herbs in a tangy chilli lemon sauce; and the tasty oven-baked peppers stuffed with lentils, cannelloni beans, red onion, spinach and rosemary.
Reviewed 13 December 2013

Visited early last night so restaurant quiet.This was our 2nd visit & we were warmly greeted by the young waitress.We had booked & mentioned that we wished to use our Tastecard,a note of which had been made by the restaurant so no fuss.Not always the case ! The starters were very good,baked mushrooms for me & bruschetta for my fiancé.Our main courses consisted of a seafood risotto,which was fantastic & packed with mussels,scallops & king prawns & a king prawn & chorizo risotto,equally fantastic ! This restaurant deserves to do well.We would certainly visit frequently if we were a little more local.

Reviewed 5 November 2013

Really good food (especially recommended for vegetarians), superb service. Menu has a few items from outside of the range of the usual Pizza Express/Zizzi/Ask/Strada-type chains, which was very welcome. Of the 4 restaurants I ate in during my recent Bournemouth stay, this one was the best.

Reviewed 29 October 2013 via mobile

After visiting ciao with friends last week for lunch I decided to return with my parents for my Birthday.

From the welcome, additional birthday confetti on the table to the order being taken nothing was to much trouble.

The food presentation & taste is 100% & would recommend ciao to anyone

Sonny the owner was also very friendly & knowing my parents were not from Bournemouth made them feel very welcome

Will definitely be bck as this has to be the best Restaurant I've been to in Bournemouth for along time

Reviewed 15 October 2013

All our party had really good meals. The chicken and steak dishes were great. The only down side was how quiet it was in there so little atmosphere. Lovely attentive staff.

Reviewed 9 October 2013

Had a lovely meal here the other night. To be fair, the resturant wasnt busy so the service we got was maybe a little more attentive than 'normal', but the food really was great. This is a family owned resturant and that really shows with a unique ambiance and a fabulous menu. The hostess couldnt do enough to look after us and we will definatly be returning at a future date.