“Great”

Price range: US$13 - US$46
Cuisines: French, British
Good for: Bar Scene, Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Set within the historic Royal Exeter Hotel – Bournemouth’s first residence, 1812 gets its name from the year in which it was built. 1812 bar prides itself on widely renowned cocktails and a professional team of bartenders that consistently raise the bar on local industry standards. Our restaurant team have passion and a thirst for local and great produce, which combine to indulge our customers in an excellent venue that is both lively and unique in Bournemouth.
Reviewed 15 April 2018 via mobile

We visited 1812 on a visit to bourmouth.ww are not as young as we would like but we were made very welcome her.the staff are all so nice and the cocktails are amazing and with them being half price from 5 until 7 it's definitely a must place to visit.

Reviewed 4 April 2018

Having booked an early table (pre show) we were very happy with 1812.

Having been met with a wonderful bar and a vast range of drinks available we were seated within a beautiful and comfortable restaurant. The menu choice was good and the dishes were excellent.

Staff were very pleasant and friendly.

Would certainly return time and time again.

Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

My wife and I stayed for a 2 night getaway, we love this bar and during happy hour we decided to try some of the menu. The drinks were well made and delicious. The staff very attentive with the venue perfect.

Reviewed 1 April 2018

My wife and I enjoyed another meal at this restaurant last Thursday evening as part of the package we booked (2 nights accommodation in the hotel with a 3 course meal and wine on the 1st night).
We ordered a bottle of the house red (a Sangiovese wine which I felt was a little too powerful a wine for the house wine?) and our choices.
I had the Deep Fried Calamari to start (perfectly cooked, crispy coating with sesame seeds and lovely soft calamari inside) and my wife choose the Mussells Mariner (in my opinion, they were too salty, but she enjoyed them).
For main course I had the Belly Pork which was one of the best I have EVER had - really delicious, caramelised on the outside and soft on the inside with a good portion of mustard mash. A man's size portion!
My wife choose the Steak & Chips (£5 supplement) which was again a healthy man's size portion! I thought the steak was a little overcooked (had asked for medium-rare, but it wasn't at all rare), but she really enjoyed it, though couldn't manage all her chips!
The dessert for me was a real let-down in comparison to the first two courses. I had the Chocolate Brownie which was totally overcooked and dry, rather than being mushy on the inside. My wife's Creme Brulee was a better choice.

Service was excellent, not at all intrusive but efficient and overall the meal which could be had for £15 (Monday to Thursday, 3 courses, with £5 supplement for the steak) is outstanding value! One of our favourite places to eat a decent quality meal in Bournemouth!

1  Thank PathManSlough
Reviewed 22 March 2018

Loved the fact they had a happy 2 hours 5 to 7 on their cocktails. They were different and moreish. Looking forward to my next visit.