“My go-to indian takeaway in Brighton”
Review of Brinjal's

Brinjal's
Ranked #670 of 1,184 Restaurants in Brighton
Reviewed 4 September 2017

Must have had about 5 takeaways from Brinjal in the last year and have never been disappointed!
There has never been a mistake with the food that has been delivered and it is the best value for money Indian takeaway i have come across in Brighton. Delivery normally takes under 45 minutes and the food tastes great!
Tasty dishes i have experienced include the chicken dopiaza and chicken bhuna and the sag aloo was really nice!
Thank you Brinjal for always hitting the spot when i feel the urge for an Indian takeaway!

I have never eaten at the restaurant so cant comment on eating in.

Reviewed 2 September 2017 via mobile

My fiancée and I really enjoy a meal at Brinjals. We firmly believe that ( as regular visitors to India) they serve the most authentic food you can possibly get in an English restaurant. We always get good service and have been both on buffet and non buffet nights. Good size portions with good flavour and depth , it really feels that some effort has been made to offer such flavoursome meals. Take your own bottle is an added advantage!
Special mention to Amin the waiter, always cheerful and friendly.
Looking forward to our next visit.

1  Thank robiwatts
Reviewed 20 August 2017 via mobile

No comment what else can I say!! Don't there if you want to get ill plenty of decent places to eat in area

2  Thank mynameisdoras
Reviewed 5 August 2017

Absolute SHAME of ordering food from Brinjals.

I have not been well since a while and I need food at regular intervals. So, after ordering food from Birnjals, I ate one vegetarian meal (among several other meals) just when it was delivered at 8 pm. I saved the rest for later.

At 3 am
I felt hungry again and I ate the curry, only to realize that it was chicken. Now, it may not be a big deal to others but someone who is currently suffering because of her strict vegetarian diet, I follow my vegetarian diet because of certain values so it was blasphemy for me to take several bites.

9am:
I called these guys up to tell them what had happened and no one responded since they open at 5 pm so, a mail was shot to them explaining everything.

At 5 pm I call again:
I am spoken to rudely and I am told that I should have informed them last night, mind you, I am not well in the first place which is why I needed to order food urgently and save it for mid-night and early morning.

I tell them, "you either replace or reimburse the money". The food is kept as it is. I was humiliated on call for not telling them in advance and obviously, I made my point clear that they are not doing me a favor by 'looking into this issue'.

Finally, after a 15 minute (utter waste of my time) conversation, the person on the other end agreed to give me a new order.

7:30 pm
I get a call by the delivery man. He asks me where my house is from a some random house-number in my area and when I tell him that I don't know where his current location is, he is like,

"Is this your answer???"
I:YES. I am telling you what I know, I am giving you 3 reference points, its pretty easy to find.
*this is the second time I was harassed*

7:40 pm
I call him, he doesn't take my call. I go outside my house and he is sitting in the car. On seeing me, he steps out and hands me over the bag. Then has asks for the chicken. I give him the chicken neatly packed and when I do, he goes like, "you will give it without a polybag?" again in a condescending tone.

I hold back my horses and do not disrespect him at this point. I get a polybag for him but after this, he tells me
"It will be nice if you don't order with us again"
I: Of course I will not!! *felt like adding some other terms 2 worded terms in hindi but did not*

I don't have enough time to take this up seriously but, when I do get the time, I will write proper reviews. This is no way to treat the customer. Brinjals, I am not even sure if the food you replaced should be consumed because I am sensing a lot of anger and I don't know what state the food is in.

1  Thank Kavya B
Reviewed 4 August 2017 via mobile

Couldn't be happier. Ordered online with JustEat, spent over £15 and got 40% off! Huge deal! Starter, main, bottle of coke and extra bread & rice, all for £12 including delivery. I live 2 miles away and still the order was half an hour quicker than JustEat said. Brilliant tasty hot food! 100% recommend and I'll certainly be ordering again.