“Beautiful breakfast ”
Review of Green Kitchen

Green Kitchen
Ranked #298 of 1,237 Restaurants in Brighton
Price range: US$4 - US$10
Description: Independently owned vegan café offering breakfast and lunch options including Full English, pancakes, sandwiches, toasties, burgers and salads.
Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

This was a really good vegan breakfast! The vegan bacon was delicious, usually vegan bacon is like cardboard but this was soft and tasted great! Vegan black pudding was a first for me, strange thing to want as a vegan but it did taste good. Green kitchen is a cute little place and the rest of the menu looked really good as well, I would definitely go again and try something for lunch. The only minor negative was that the avocado I asked for with my breakfast came as guacamole which I do love but not with breakfast, just wanted some sliced avocado.

Reviewed 19 January 2018

I've ordered take-away lunch from here a few times now as I work nearby. It's been spot on every single time.

Today I had the Mac 'n' Cheeze. It was really tasty. Even though it was hot I demolished it pretty quickly. With side salad and garlic bread it was great value for money.

I have to recommend the vegan rashers. They're superb.

Reviewed 7 November 2017 via mobile

I love this place - I've been several times for breakfast and lunch. The pancakes I had on this occasion were excellent although there wasn't much 'bacon'. The only reason I haven't put 5* is because of the wait. A huge table of 8 seems to have arrived shortly before us and this meant waiting at least 40 minutes for our food. This place is only small so I understand why but it did put a dampner on the experience this time. Next time I'll order breakfast on deliveroo!

Reviewed 19 September 2017

Green Kitchen was our first stop on a fantastic day of vegan treats in Brighton.
We both ordered a full English breakfast with a sausage, a rasher of bacon, tofu scramble, beans, buttered toast, mushrooms, and a tomato.
I also ordered a hot chocolate with cream and marshmallows, which I had to check was vegan because it’s the first time I’ve been offered hot chocolate since going vegan! The lady who served me assured me that everything in Green Kitchen is vegan and I was overjoyed to find that the hot chocolate was probably the best I’ve ever had! The full English was massive but I had to finish it because it was so good!

The atmosphere in the Green Kitchen was friendly and welcoming and everyone seemed to know and be friends with each other.
We left feeling comfortably full and set up for the day!

Reviewed 14 September 2017

Green Kitchen Cafe offers vegan food in a cosy cafe environment, with everything even the cleaning products all vegan. Dogs are welcome and you will probably bump into resident dog Pickle, like we did, as he likes to chill out during opening times. There is a counter at the window, good for people watching and a couple of tables outside, if the weather is nice.

We both chose mushrooms and caramelised shallots on toast, mine with avocado and hubby's with spinach, with large Americano coffees.

The mushroom topping was awesome, perfectly cooked and seasoned and with the coffee, made the 20 min walk from Brighton town centre worth it, the breakfast was delicious.

We had a brief chat with owners Kathryn and Katy, a young couple who were enthusiastic and friendly and we would love to return to try other dishes off the menu, when we next visit Brighton.