All reviews wet room mini marshmallows four poster homemade granola guest house breakfast in bed the ground floor full english dressing gowns kemp town quiet street breakfast was delicious single room small room little things parking permit stayed for one night
Reviewed 5 August 2016 via mobile

So I stayed here yesterday on business but my partner came to join me.
A very helpful lady met me, she was thorough and didn't outstay her welcome when she told me what was what with my room.
The room itself was smaller than I imagined, but I have to remember they described it as "cosy" so I can't really complain about this. It was spotless, and they have really thought about the little things, like the marshmallows for hot chocolate and port wine for a nightcap was a lovely touch.
The only negative I have really was the size of the bed, it was very small for a couple, and we were lucky it wasn't a hot night as it could have been an uncomfortable sleep, but instead we were forced to cuddle up hehe!
Breakfast was lovely, the perfect mixture of homely and chic, really tasty!
I ordered a taxi the night before and this was also on time, so really prompt thorough staff.
I can understand why this is 5 star rated, they have thought about everything, I thoroughly enjoyed my stay, it was full of character, and although it's a townhouse I felt like it was very private as if it was just me staying.

Thank you to the staff for being so thorough and friendly.

Date of stay: August 2016
1  Thank hayleywww
Reviewed 4 August 2016 via mobile

really good location for visiting Brighton - easy walking distance from everything we wanted to do
did not like the wet room as a bathroom would have preferred a proper bathroom
was supposed to have a king size bed city view - we had a normal double bed and looked onto someone's house behind into their window
the crockery for coffee was very stained and had not been washed properly and the port glasses and decanter were both dirty
towels were quite rough
the room interior was nice and it has the making to be good
did not sleep well on either night as rooms hot however if you had windows open the birds woke you up at 3am !
Shame on standards as it was very convenient but not enough for price and not just because it is brighton !

Date of stay: August 2016
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 1 August 2016

Billed as a luxury boutique hotel, is tastefully decorated (if in need of a facelift) and situated on a street that has seen better days, buildings appeared either derelict or in need of extensive renovation. The staff however, were friendly and enthusiastic but lacked adequate language skills. The "award winning" breakfast was likely in the bronze medal position rather than gold. The room we booked was nicely furnished but its dimensions were for hobbits rather than humans, bijou if you will. The view from our window was of an unkept area facing a dirty white wall. The slatted blind failed to keep out the early morning light and the secondary glazing failed to muffle the constant barking of seagulls. But the most irritating element of our stay is the extraordinary noise made by the rooms/front door, we probably lost around 3 hours sleep per night due to doors slamming shut, almost perpetually at one point. The mechanism fails to hold the spring loaded doors to a quiet click but allows the door to slam shut. I counted 27 door slams in 3 sleepless hours. We'd like to be more positive about this place but it's difficult with its major negatives. The product belies the website.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank SmartStar
Reviewed 28 July 2016

What a little gem of a guest house this is....

Had a one night stay in a small but very cosy and comfortable single room. The room and shower room are beautifully decorated and come with lovely little touches. High quality bedding and towels along with a bathrobe and slippers.

The staff were all delightful and welcoming and the breakfast is amazing. Such a lovely menu with great choices and delicious home made smoothie. All breakfast items were of the highest quality.I would say this is the best breakfast offering of anywhere I have stayed - It was difficult to make a choice!

The location is ideal for exploring Brighton. Parking is on street but you can get a permit from the hotel - it was a little difficult to find a parking spot but it was a busy afternoon on a hot sunny day so was very busy.

Highly recommended and I will definitely stay again when in the area.

• Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 26 July 2016 via mobile

After booking this beautiful quaint looking property we were quick to realise that the staff were unprofessional, did not communicate with each other & did not know what they were doing or given any authority to make any decisions. Management was not onsite and when called was very rude. Rooms are beautiful but rough around the edges...TV cables not plugged in, wires hanging loose & dust on the window shutters. Breakfast left a lot to be desired.

Looks the part but sadly isn't.

1  Thank KiranPhlora