8,936 results
All reviewssea viewlovely hotelbirthday treatpublic areasone night stayenjoyable staysea frontcar parkingbreakfast was excellentlovely rooma lovely stayconciergegb1doormanscaffoldinggrandeurstaircase
Reviewed 1 April 2018 via mobile

I feel some sympathy for the bar at the Grand. It will never quite get the clientele it wants, whilst catering for the nature of its passing trade from the Conference Centre.
That said a nice place for a drink, amazing Expresso Martini!

Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 1 April 2018

I booked the special afternoon tea for our group. On arrival the entrance lobby was chaotic, with quite a few staff standing around, but attentive staff showed us the way to the terrace. Our table was not ready and we were ushered to the bar to allow for the resetting, for some top price cocktails. All very good there. I was underwhelmed by the rather ordinary cakes and sandwiches (stingy fillings) for the price charged, although the "Take Home Box" is testament to the portion control being spot on.
This lovely old hotel is, as everyone knows, a legend, and is in the process of being returned to its former glory. This does not detract from the high level of service from the charming staff, but I might try the neighbour along the road next time.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank Blistersis
Reviewed 1 April 2018 via mobile

Ok, please understand that there’s absolutely nothing wrong with the Grand. And yes the history and the location are great, but I come away with a feeling that the hotel provides the very, very least that they can get away with to justify the prices they charge. It’s just that one cant help but feel that for the prices being charged you expect a bit better quality hotel that’s less tired inside, with a better quality service, etc. I’m not talking about the refurb going on outside the hotel, but just the sense of disappointment of the whole experience. Have to say though that my room was good and I had a good nights sleep. I would only stay there if you can get a good deal as the normal prices are not worth it,

Stayed: March 2018, travelled solo
1  Thank rjskinner2018
Reviewed 31 March 2018 via mobile

Lovely hotel, fantastic staff, good food (lunch in the bar) and the brilliant breakfast buffet constantly replenished with fresh food. Huge room but no view at all! the bar guys spent ages making mocktails for our 9 year olds and were hugely knowledgeable . The pool is warm and not too busy. The hotel is brilliantly central opposite the BA i360 the car park is £25/night. Lovely and would recommend

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 30 March 2018

Classic English Hotel with excellent service and nice dining and breakfast areas overlooking the sea. Staff is nice and friendly and the interior of the hotel is well kept, shame the facade and room windows were under wrap when I visited, so if a room with a view is a priority maybe wait until the renovations finish. I was just visiting a few days for business so I was fine with it.

The wine selection in the bar was excellent, and the breakfast buffet plentiful with options, if a bit sparse on healthy dining choices, but this is England after all so somewhat excected.

Overall a great hotel, which i can only assume will be a lot more charming once the exterior work is done.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled on business