Hudsons(Brighton)(Great Value!)
US$185
US$229
US$208
  • Beachfront
Jurys Inn Brighton(Brighton)(Great Value!)
US$163
US$151
  • Restaurant
US$308
US$299
US$211
US$205
Travelocity
Jurys Inn Brighton Waterfront(Brighton)(Great Value!)
US$344
The Lanes Hotel(Brighton)
US$195
  • Breakfast included
1,825 results
All reviewssea viewsea frontlimited parkingbreakfast staffwould stay againfull englishpleasant staywest pierbrighton centrebreakfast was includedregency squareyogurtseafront
Reviewed 1 April 2018 via mobile

Don't be tricked by the front entrance hall or photos online... Looks all nice and fresh clean and presentable however we got up to our room and it was old, dated, dusty, dark. No spaces in hotel car park so had to walk to a local multi story.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
Emely A, Operations Manager at Kings Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 6 April 2018

Dear Ema,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review on tripadvisor.

I am sorry to see that your experience with us was not a positive one.

Parking is something that is a premium in Brighton unfortunately and Whilst we do offer car parking at the hotel we have limited spaces, which we offer on a first come first serve basis.

Reviewed 27 March 2018

I've been staying at the Kings regularly since May 2017, the hotel is very attractive considering its seafront location and prices compared to other hotels in Brighton.

I've had a mostly positive experience beforehand, yes it's an outdated hotel which is currently still undergoing improvement works (had been ever since I first stayed there), some rooms are better than the other so it's a luck of the draw if you manage to snatch a decent room or not.

Rooms are well equipped and free WiFi is a bonus especially for travelling professionals such as myself, Tea&Coffee, as well as all towels, replenished every day if requested and bedding changed very regularly. Yes, the hallway is somewhat "smelly" but nothing off-putting, it just highlights the age of the hotel but I wouldn't put it down as a negative.

Breakfast included in most rates - good choice of cooked meals plus others. To me, its the staff that makes it, especially John - one of the senior gentlemen working as a waiter is an absolute delight and always aims to make everyone's stay as pleasant as possible. He's pretty much part of the furniture greeting guests every single morning with a smile on his face! Really appreciate the breakfast team.

Now to the negatives:

Some of the other personnel are quite rude and very indifferent when it comes to providing any level of customer service. I've had a couple of issues beforehand when I'd book my stays either directly at the reception or through booking.com and had met obstacles if, for instance, I wanted to reschedule my dates or even elongate my stay. This was never enough for me to turn my back until this Monday.

As I was on my way down to Brighton at 5 p.m. I had been left with a voice message informing me that my stay had been canceled due to incorrect card information provided during booking a couple of weeks prior. Now as a returning customer I wouldn't have thought that the hotel couldn't wait an hour for me to arrive and have the details confirmed but I wasn't going to argue. They went right ahead, cancelled my booking which was confirmed by an email I received via booking.com (informing me of a free of charge cancellation) but then called again about half an hour later to inform that they managed to charge me for the first night on the card that they were unable to process (?!). At that point, I already booked another hotel and was not planning on coming to the Kings at all. This morning, I've checked my bank statement and indeed I had been charged for my stay regardless of the information they've provided me with over the phone and via emails.
I decided to challenge this with the management which firstly did their best to convince me that I am in the wrong and their policy states that they had to charge a late cancellation fee and that I misunderstood what had been said to me and the booking was still active.
I was very polite with Daniel, the Reception Manager who demanded that a proof email is sent to me confirming my side of the story, which he then actioned upon sometime later saying he'll process the refund.

Not a single sorry, not a sign of remorse, made me feel like their error was my fault and then reluctantly dealt with my issue. Definitely not the way to treat returning customers.

Try elsewhere if you can.

Room Tip: Excellent Location, Great Breakfast, Seaside View
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled on business
Emely A, Operations Manager at Kings Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 29 March 2018

Dear Igor G,

Many thanks for taking the time to post your constructive feedback on tripadvisor.

Please accept our apologies that this error was made, guest satisfaction is always a priority to us and clearly you felt let down on this occasion.

I can see that you have previously enjoyed your stays at the hotel and if you would consider coming back to stay with us please contact us directly.

Reviewed 25 March 2018

I have just come back from a weekend away with my elderly parents , and my wife and daughter, we had two rooms both were very nice , my parents had a sea view room ,which was very nice and comfortable, we had a triple room with 3 single beds as they didn't have a room available with a double and one single ,which wasn't a problem as the room was also comfortable ,the only criticism I would have was our room had an awful view of other hotel rooms opposite and with no net curtains ,you had to keep the curtains drawn all the time or have everybody in opposite rooms being able to look in on you, The location was very good within walking distance of lots of things, and lastly on our visit the staff were extremely polite and helpful , and a further thank you to Christina and Daniela on reception for all there help booking in , sorting out our parking and places to go, Luigi at the bar for always serving with a smile on his face and all the breakfast staff, but especially John (scottish guy ) who took the time and go out of his way with looking after all of us during breakfast

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
Emely A, Operations Manager at Kings Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 27 March 2018

Dear Yuksel C,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review on tripadvisor.

I am delighted you found the accommodation comfortable and enjoyable, and that you found our team to be so helpful and polite. I will pass on your lovely comments to the staff.

We hope to welcome you back again soon. Please contact us directly to hear your added benefits of being a returning guest

Kind regard

Please con

Reviewed 24 March 2018

Disappointed by the tiny room, but returning after a meal and laid on the bed for the first time, could not believe it!! It was like lying on a pile of springs and wires - no way could anyone sleep on a mattress like this. Eventually, after insisting that they came to the room to see what it was like, we managed to get them to transfer us to another hotel.
I just hope they havetaken the mattress back to the tip where it could have come from, or they will get more bad reviews

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple

Dear malcolmstrega,

Thank you for posting your review on tripadvisor.

Please accept our apologies for any aspect of your stay that did not meet your expectations. We are in the process of changing the mattresses in the rooms , this room has now been done.

Looking at your reservation, I see that after staying at our sister hotel next door, you returned to us the following day, where one of my colleagues showed you room 102 and you were happy with it.

Reviewed 23 March 2018 via mobile

Had a one night stay here on business. Staff were polite and helpful. Room clean although a little tired, however perfect situated for my stay.

Had a continental breakfast which was good!

Would come again for personal trip due to location and staff.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled on business

Dear BJP84,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review on tripadvisor.

Its great to read how helpful you found the team and we look forward to welcoming you again soon.

Please make sure you contact us directly and we can talk you through the added benefits you will receive for being a returning guest.