All reviews sister hotel next door sea view top floor sea front full english room was clean and comfortable friendly hotel hen party brighton pier breakfast was included few minutes walk double bed town centre cooked breakfast booked this hotel tea and coffee seafront
Reviewed 26 June 2018 via mobile

On arrival, I was very pleased to be met by friendly attentive staff, the offered to carry my bags to room, I declined as the young lady carrying my bags isnt something i would let happen.
The room was very well presented, clean and facing the square.
I booked with breakfast and that was just wonderful every single day, they topped the coffee up several times and nothing was too much trouble.
I will certainly be back in the near future!
Thank you all for being so friendly and making my short break comfortable and enjoyable.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled solo
NewSteine, Manager at New Steine Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 5 July 2018

Thank you for your review and I am so glad that you enjoyed your visit with us. We do feel we offer a great product and service for value for money, and having that highlighted by guests is just wonderful. We hope you will choose to stay with us again on your next visit to Brighton.

Reviewed 22 June 2018

Pros:

Staff friendly and seem eager to help
Breakfast is ok (but takes a long time)

Cons:

Too many narrow staircases, no lift, difficult to move luggage about
First room had a plumbing problem do i was moved to another room which had smelly drains
2nd room had to have tv remote replaced as it was clear that the batteries hadn't been changed for ages and destroyed remote control
Very noisy hotel, can easily hear other room occupants talking, watching tv, closing and opening doors
Plumbing very noisy, can easily tell when other room occupants are using toilet or taps etc
Worst of all, BED BUGS, badly bitten by bed bugs at end of stay, will put this review and photo of bites on trip advisor.

Definitely won't use again.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled on business
1  Thank Ken C

Thank you for your review and I am sorry if you did not enjoy your stay with us, as we usually get great reviews for both our product and the service we provide. I note that our staff did accommodate a room move for you due to a maintenance issue, but the other items you highlighted were not discussed with our team, where a Manager is on duty 24 hours a day, and could have addressed them with you and ensured you enjoyed your visit. We will take all your feedback on board to ensure that future guests are not inconvenienced as well, however I would like to address your comment about bed bugs, as no other reports have come from our hotel during your stay period, before or after. We take these matters very seriously, and we have a contract, like all hotels, with a pest control company who regularly inspect us and ensure we are free from anything of the sort. We also report any suspected issues to the laundry company who also inspect all processes and items, however we are reported as all clear. I am sorry if you felt it was this cause but we do have very high standards of both cleanliness and inspections, and I can assure other visitors that these matters are always checked and taken seriously, and it is not an issue in our premises.

Reviewed 20 June 2018 via mobile

Good place to stay after BHF cycle. 10 minutes cycle from train station

Rob, Vesma and Alexandra all very friendly.

Room was clean and airy. Shower was powerful. TV channels a bit puzzling

Breakfast was tasty

Bicycles safe in back yard

What is not to like?

Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your review and I am so glad you enjoyed your visit with us. We always pride ourselves on providing the best we can for service, product and value, and it is great when that is recognised. We hope you will come back and stay with us again soon.

Reviewed 8 June 2018

This is an average B&B in an English seaside town. We would advise anyone who considers booking it not to stay in the ground floor room by the front door. You will not get a quiet night's sleep. In every similar establishment that we have visited such a room is the office or a communal lounge; it is entirely unsuitable as a bedroom.

Room Tip: Do not accept a room on the ground floor by the front door
  • Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your review and your feedback. We do have rooms on all floors, and welcome requests and will accommodate them where we can. Our ground floor room is one of our largest, and is ideal for those who do not wish to walk the stairs (though we do offer assistance for luggage if needed). I am sorry if you did not get a good night's sleep - we generally are a very quiet hotel and asks all guests coming and go to respect others, especially during the night. We also have a manger on through the night should any unusually noisy guests come and they would happily speak with them if it is reported. I do hope you will choose to come stay again soon and we would be happy to allocate a higher floor for you.

Reviewed 31 May 2018 via mobile

Rooms were Ok. The stairs, landing and entrance were tired and needed updating. Breakfast service was awful, we were sat at a dirty table, waited ages for someone to come to us, in fact we had to ask for a waitress, the drinks took forever to come out (how long does it take to make a pot of tea?!) When our breakfasts came out we still hadn't had our table cleared or cleaned and we had no cutlery, when out (cold) toast arrived the little jars of preserve were already opened and part used! Not a cheap hotel and I expect better service. I won't recommend or stay here again!

Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
NewSteine, Manager at New Steine Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 5 June 2018

Dear Jojoh38,

Thank you for your review and I am sorry for any issues you had at breakfast. We do have managers on who are supposed to monitor and maintain service, so we will be speaking with them to ensure they are present and assisting and I am sorry that this affected your stay with us. I am glad you liked the rooms and we do hope you choose to stay with us again so we can show you any improvements we have made.