“Great”

Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 17 July 2017 via mobile

We again visited the Elizabethan Cottage Tandoori Our curries were fantastic I'd go as far to say they were one of the best we have had in Brighton, if you like curry it's a must. All the staff are fantastic as well, specially Jack he is a caricature. Can't say any more than that it's a great curry. Oh I'd recommend booking if your thinking of going Friday or Saturday night as it gets busy.

Reviewed 13 April 2017

Always had a pleasing meal here, good service and good value. Handy for parking on edge of Brighton.

Reviewed 31 March 2017

Went here on 28th March 2017 with my elder son and wife. We chose it based on reviews, bearing in mind there is a significant choice in Brighton, and we were not disappointed.

First impressions - the place was warm, clean and inviting and the greeting from the staff member was very friendly. We were given a table at the back of the premises, the table cloth was also clean and well presented. So far so good!

Very quickly we were asked about drinks and provided with a menu. The choice is huge, if you can't find something you like you really are fussy!

We were given plenty of time to choose, the drinks were served within a few minutes along with popadoms and pickles.

The meal, when served, was hot and portions were certainly sufficient - none of us went home hungry! I ordered chicken tikka masala and I was certainly not disappointed, it was really really nice with large pieces of chicken breast in a lush sauce. First class. My wife and son also thoroughly enjoyed their meals too. If there was one bit of feedback it is that the younger staff were not very friendly - they were business like but lacked the warmth of the older member of staff and the woman who took our order.

Overall though a first class experience and we would certainly go back. Highly recommended.

Reviewed 9 March 2017

The Elziabethan Cottage Tandoori is located on the outskirts of Brighton on the London Road in a tiny array of shops. It is more than a little strange in nature. It's a Tandoori Curry house located in what was once an Elizabethan Cottage. As a result, it has kept all the original features such as low ceilings, oak beans and a roaring fireplace. It feels every so slightly wrong, but very british to be eating a Chicken Madras is such curroundings.

I went here with a group of friends on a Friday night for a meal and we all enjoyed ourselves. The quality of the food was excellent. Fresh iingredients cooked, really well. The service was also friendly and attentive. Although it's way off the beaten track, if you're in Patcham or heading out of town, it's worth visiting.

1  Thank Willvz1972
Reviewed 6 March 2017

What can I say , phoned and ordered my take away for 7.45pm on Saturday night , Arrived on time and it was slightly busy .....no problem I will wait and read a magazine . After 20 minutes waiting I was thinking my wife will be wandering where I am as we had visitors and they are all waiting to eat ........30 minutes still nothing , ignoring every attempt from me to ask where my take away was, and it was not me there must have been 10 customer all stressed out like me waiting. If we did not have people visiting I would have demanded my money back and left never to return.
Then a customer who had collected his take away returned to say items are missing from his order .............48 minutes late my take away is brought out..........no apologies no sign of even a little remorse to a customer who just spent £45 on a take away .......absolutely disgusting service ......Oh and guess what , I get home and the Naan bread is missing along with my Chicken pakora starter and the poppadum's looke like they had been stamped on ( I could have cried).....We eat in the restaurant regularly and a take away every other weekend but guess what ..................NEVER EVER EVER AGAIN !! .....Things happen and I understand that , but to not even apologies , offer poppadums' a drink a discount , your money back to many upset loyal customers is terrible .............. GOOD BYE ELIZABETHAN ....I will spend my money somewhere else from now on !!

Just to clarify I have never given a bad review to a take away or restaurant before even after poor meals as I usually say maybe its a one off but the rudeness at the Elizabethan was just intolerable.

4  Thank poppet69