Open today: 5:00 PM - 2:00 AM

DJH62
Nottingham, United Kingdom
via mobile
Fantabulosa!!!

What an amazingly brilliant night! The staff were all lovely and we adored Jamie - he is an... read more

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

from US$21.07
from US$19.66
from US$21.07
More Info
All reviews drag show gay bar cheesy music saturday night fantastic night friendly bar fantastic atmosphere my birthday pub venue xx
Selected filters
Reviewed 9 August 2021 via mobile

This is a small pub with great drag acts. We had reserved a table and this was ready when we arrived, and the lady on the door was lovely and helpful.
We had table service and the waiting staff were prompt and efficient, only gripe was that we had plastic glasses.
The drag act was amazing, Cosmic had everyone dancing to brilliant disco songs and she was able to belt out songs from shows as well. Her comedy was adult but not crude.
This is a gay friendly pub and I didn't feel out of place as a straight couple.
Good entertainment in Brighton

1  Thank DJH62
Reviewed 9 August 2021

THE BEST NIGHT

I liaised with Tina over emails for a few weeks before we arrived in Brighton - having done losts of research. You couldnt have found a more helpful, informative and kind gal. We booked a table for Cosmic+Quiz on Thursday 5th August. It was FANTASTIC. The staff were incredibly friendly, and polite. The quiz was a riot (we came 3rd, woohoo), made lots of new friends - all the clientele were joyful and having the time of their lives. Drank loads of delicous cocktails and danced all night. It was a brilliant evening. The singing was fab. Cannot wait to return.

1  Thank emmarose98
Reviewed 6 August 2021

After a long time in lockdown with people remaining predominately confined in their own homes, live performances have taken a huge hit. Therefore, it was fantastic to be able to return to a bar and drag show in a safe manner.

We watched Kara van park 'West End Wednesdays' and it was FABULOUS. She had oodles of energy, enthusiasm, talent and humour. I highly recommend watching one of her shows. I will definitely be watching her again!

After reading other reviews, I felt disappointed with the concerns about how COVID safe this venue is and the 'pricey drinks.' Yes. The drinks are pricey. However, they are well made and served in large quantities. Therefore, worth the money. In addition, they have socially distanced tables, clear arrows on the floor and posters around about how to remain safe and it is clear they have made their best efforts to remain COVID safe. However, with all the hard work the members of staff do from behind the bar and around the bar, I wonder how people expect them to control lots of people walking/dancing around if they do not follow the guidelines? The point being, if everybody followed the rules outlined by the bar, they may have a different opinion on how Covid safe it is.

The staff (in particular Alex and a lovely blonde girl who I apologise I can't remember your name), were exceptional. They went over and above to ensure we always had drinks in our hands, a smile on our faces and didn't sit down once as they were working so hard! They made our visit fantastic and we really look forward to re-visiting. A huge thank you to the staff and team at the Queen's arms.

We will be back!!!

1  Thank ellieb183
Reviewed 31 July 2021

We’re do I start ! Went to this bar last night and was given a table at the back as all other tables were booked for the cabaret. Just wanted one drink for each of us - ordered two glasses of wine, one red one rose , and a gin and tonic ( albeit a double ) - total cost …….£28.50. Can you believe it…. Apparently , according to the door staff, if you order a glass of wine, you don’t get the THE HOUSE WiNE, but you get given the most expensive wine in the bar ……… I WILL NEVER SET FOOT IN THIS BAR AGAIN AND URGE YOU ALL TO BOYCOTT THIS JOKE OF A LGBTQ+ FRIENDLY BAR !!

Date of experience: July 2021
1  Thank barryandphil
Reviewed 25 July 2021 via mobile

Miss Jason was Ok, not great! He mentioned 3 times that it was his third show of the day, I suggest he needs to call it a day at 2 as the third was not great!

Seemed to be no preparation to his act, just winged it which started OK but 20 minutes in it was pretty dull.

Sorry Miss Jason but we paid for a show and it was was not great! Perhaps less shots?

Date of experience: June 2021