See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 23 February 2015

Lovely room we had a Junior Suite with a view of the sea. Great location lots of really nice restaurants close by and within very easy walking distance from town centre. Crowning glory of the Amherst though are your hosts Marcus and Lee who offer the warmest most helpful welcome you could wish for. Will be coming back!!!

• Stayed: February 2015
Reviewed 21 February 2015

The Amherst is perfectly located close to the center of Brighton and a stones throw from the beach. We stayed in a junior suite which was tastefully decorated in keeping with the rooms beautiful original features and spotlessly clean. the bed was extremely comfortable and the bedding was of a high quality. I don't eat breakfast (before lunchtime) so, can't really comment however, I can't imagine that Marcus and Lee would serve anything other than perfection. I have never felt so comfortable or welcome in a B&B. Nothing was too much trouble for our hosts and in my opinion Marcus and Lee have got it right offering high standard accommodation and excellent service.
We will definitely be back.

• Stayed: February 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 December 2014

I was only there for one night but can honestly say I have never stayed anywhere more welcoming and comfortable. Every detail was thought through with everything you could possibly want. A real home from home. I will most certainly be back and can't recommend highly enough, Thank you Lee and Marcus

• Stayed: November 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 4 December 2014 via mobile

Travelling for 1 night business trip. A warm welcome from Marcus. My room was spacious with a sofa, wifi and wine - what more can you want!
Close to restaurants, bars and some night life
Gorgeous comfy bed and great breakfast!
Would definitely recommend - will be booking again.

Stayed: December 2014
1  Thank fulkate1
Reviewed 24 November 2014

We had a three day break here tagged onto a business trip. The welcome was very warm and friendly. The room we were given was large and spacious. There was a sofa opposite the tv, this was a nice touch. They offer a better than normal free drinks/snacks box alongside a paid mini bar. There is a complimentary light breakfast. We upgraded to the full English for £6 each. Worth the extra as its good quality, well cooked and presented. This is a hotel in a terraced house over a number of floors so there are stairs to you room. Owners offered help with luggage. The place doesn't have the conformity you get from a modern chain hotel. What you get is rooms with charm. I noticed on another review someone complaing about the gap under the door (old houses have uneven floors) we had this room I just put the big bed cushions in front and problem of light was solved. We will be back give them a try!

Room Tip: Have the full English
  • Stayed: November 2014, travelled as a couple