“Birthday treat”

Ranked #38 of 1,209 Restaurants in Brighton
Price range: US$11 - US$36
Cuisines: Italian, Steakhouse, Bar
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Description: LA TANA we are a family owned restaurant that specialise in fresh Italian cuisine, in a friendly atmosphere. We are offering best Italian food. Come and try our new HOT STONE STEAK cook it how you like it. ONLY at LA TANA.
Reviewed 9 September 2017

My wife and I went to La Tana as a birthday treat for me and we were not disappointed.
I had the hot stone steak (as I have on our last three visits) and my wife had the rack of lamb. Both were delicious.
For a local restaurant this is not a cheap place to eat (although in fairness we did choose the two most expensive items from the specials board) but I would rather enjoy my meal and pay for it than go cheap and not enjoy it.
If you have not tried this place, give it a try. The service and atmosphere are great

1  Thank Dominic S

Reviewed 29 August 2017

We went to La Tana as a party of four, and yet again the food was superb. Four different mains, and every one was a first class meal. My starter was a tuna salad, and had I known how large the portion was I would have scaled down my main, but having said that I thoroughly enjoyed my main as well.
The service was as we have come to expect efficient and very friendly. Previous reviews have stated that they thought La Tana a bit on the expensive side, but considering the quality of the food, and the friendly and helpful service I think it is incredibly well priced, and in my opinion the finest italian restaurant in Brighton.

3  Thank Jimythefoot
Reviewed 24 August 2017 via mobile

We went there with friends and they had a sizzling beef fillet and we had a pizza
Everything was very fresh and delicious. To absolutely try is the affogato al caffè. I loved it. Bravi!!
Very good service aswell.
Kids friendly

2  Thank Klodia M
Reviewed 12 August 2017 via mobile

Nice restaurant, a bit out of the city (but then, very easy to find car parking!).
The restaurant is cozy and nice for couples, good Italian food selection and waiters attention.
Recommended!

3  Thank roberto_dalmasso
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 25 July 2017 via mobile

We like going to La Tana as it's local to us.
We visited after the recent return and it's looking lovely.
The food and service was good as ever.
I do think though that they need to put on a children's menu like Ask, etc.
Also think that £25 for a steak is a bit overpriced for a small local Italian....

1  Thank A TripAdvisor Member