“Lovely place for a big group”
other travellers have booked this property
Top floor queen room with Sea Views Top floor rear bedroom
Top floor queen room with Sea Views
Top floor rear bedroom
Top floor Twin Bedroom with Sea Views
Lounge with log burner and Sea Views
Granite tops and all modern conveniences
Kitchen with all modern equipment
Main Bathroom with spa bath
Grade II listed house in Central Kemp Town Location
Roof Terrace - access from the kitchen
Front Balcony with sea views. Balcony not currently available for use.
Visited and approved by Sussex Fire Service
Master Bedroom with sea views with double bunk, single bed and sofa bed - sleeps 6
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Very good - based on 32 reviews

Reviews from our community

Any
Caroline...
“Lovely place for a big group”
Reviewed 24 May 2016 for a stay in May 2016

We stayed here for my friend's hen do, and there were thirteen of us in the end. The house is lovely, but I would say if there are more than 13 people, you better love eachother alot as there is limited space, especially as the living room is one of the bedrooms. The kitchen and the outdoor patio are fantastic, private with views over the lanes.
It is clean, it is comfortable, and is well stocked with plates and glasses etc. We struggled on finding some extra linen for the extra beds but it was not the end of time.
I have to say the biggest plus for me because i organised it was the helpful guidance from the owner and the lady who looked after the property. From day one they answered my queries and helped me out. When we arrived there was a problem with a window which we discovered when unpacking and they came straight over and fixed it, with no grumbles.
The house has plenty nearby, shops and quirky little vintage shops, as well as a flea market up the road. I must warn you though, as with most houses in Brighton, the house has lots and lots of steps, so not best for those will limited walking ability.
I would advise staying here, its is comfortable, and it is well looked after. Thank you to the owner and the rest of the team for all their help, it was invaluable service.

Bedding & mattresses Bathroom cleanliness
Other facilities & amenities Service
Liked best: The kitchen and how well stocked it was.
Liked least: Lack of bedding.
Travelling group: Large Group
11 Jul 2016
Hi Caroline

Thank you for your lovely review and I agree that there are lots of stairs - but its a four storey grade two listed house so cant change it! Just a correction on your review - it does NOT overlook the lanes, which is a shopping area by the Pavillion but overlooks pretty shops in Kemp Town.

Glad you had a lovely time and that both myself and Tina made sure your stay was as brilliant as possible.

Giles
Tee-row
London, United Kingdom
“Lovely house good location”
Reviewed 26 April 2016 for a stay in April 2016

This was a great place to stay for the weekend in Brighton - comfy beds and very clean. No complaints whatsoever. Many thanks

Travelling group: Friends
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
13 May 2016
Many thanks for your lovely review, especially after the person who stayed the week after you wrote upsetting comments about my lovely house. So glad you loved the house!
Leigh152
Kent, United Kingdom
“What a shame.”
Reviewed 19 April 2016 for a stay in April 2016

This house could be amazing and whilst the bedding and towels were immaculate the kitchen and lounge were both dirty. We had planned to cook in the evenings and use the lounge as we had young children with us but the cooker was caked in grease and desperately in need of a clean and the settee smelt. I didn't expect Buckingham Palace and understand that it's a rental place, I do however expect clean throughout which it wasn't. What a shame, to wake each morning and see the sea, amazing. Perfectly placed with everything within walking distance, couldn't in that respect have asked for more. Just needs cleaning

Liked best: Location
Liked least: Dirty Kitchen and Lounge
Travelling group: Extended Family
Your age range 50-64
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
23 Apr 2016
After listing for over four years and having had over three thousand satisfied guests, I am naturally disappointed that although you loved the house you did not find the cleaning satisfactory and have given me a two star review. If you had mentioned it to the cleaning company, who you spoke to on several occasions over your stay about parking and a late check-out we would have rectified the problem immediately. I specifically have a large notice in the house with the contact details of our maintenance and cleaning company because I want everyone to have a perfect stay and enjoy the house and their vacation. As you contacted neither myself or the owner of the cleaning company at any stage during your stage It’s really hard for me to respond, except to say that I visit and stay at the house regularly (including two weeks before your stay) and found the house and cooker really clean and the cleaning company knows the standards that I and my guests expect.
Donnaturp...
Ipswich
“Ms”
Reviewed 23 March 2016 for a stay in March 2016

We had a hen party of 11 a good size house for us all. However we weren't all able to sit around the dining table together when we needed to sit and eat together and be entertained by a chef and 'waiters in the buff', but were able to improvise making a table to all eat in the lounge. This was not at all a hindrance, if anything it made it more fun. Overall it was an amazing house, great location. Giles (owner) always communicated when needed and very accommodating. We would definitely stay here again. Happy happy happy love Donna and Michelle (hen) xx

23 Mar 2016
Hi Donna, I am delighted that you had a great time at my house in Brighton and I am sorry that you all could not fit round the kitchen table. The house has a table and chairs for 8 in the kitchen and the roof terrace has tables and seating for 15 if the weather is good enough. Thank you for the great review. Giles
abigailsh...
Folkestone, United Kingdom
“Amazing- Would definitely go back!”
Reviewed 3 February 2016 for a stay in January 2016

9 of us just stayed at Bloomsbury Place for a hen weekend and the accommodation could not have been more ideal. I thought when we was shown in the door that we would have one floor as the place was massive but it was all ours. Everyone in the group commented on how impressed they were with the place. Due to the rain and wearing heels we chose to get taxis into the main area of Brighton but even so it was only between £1-2 each so very reasonable and we could have walked it on a nicer day definitely. The co-op is literally just around the corner as well which was great. No faults- would definitely go back!

Travelling group: Friends
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
8 Feb 2016
Hi Abigail,

Thank you so much for your lovely review of my house and I am so glad you had a brilliant stay - Sorry about the rain though! Giles
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
US$358
Night
Week
Book Now
Or, send the owner a message
This property has Payment Protection
Never pay for your holiday rental by wire transfer.
Learn more about paying safely.
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing