“Really nice atmosphere, small choice but great food!”

Fatto a Mano Brighton
Ranked #91 of 1,210 Restaurants in Brighton
Price range: US$8 - US$21
Description: We are a neighbourhood pizzeria in the heart of Brighton. Most of our tables are for walk-ins. For groups of 6+ we take reservations in the restaurant. Please call 01273 600621. Our philosophy is inspired by Naples, the birthplace of pizza. Soft and pillowy, rather than thin and crispy or a pizza pie. Our pizza dough is made on site every day, proved for a minimum of 24 hours, then topped by our pizzaiolo who cook every pizza in our wood fired oven at 450+ degrees. The proving means we're able to use minimal quantities of yeast in our dough, so our pizzas are light and easily digestible. Fatto a Mano literally means "made by hand" in Italian. So we serve fresh food, from a simple menu, at great prices. We look forward to welcoming you to Fatto a Mano Brighton. Buon appetito!
Reviewed 29 May 2016 via mobile

I came here with two friend after seeing it open and hearing good things from others. We had some olives to start and a bottle of wine between the three of us, which was a good start to lunch.

The menu is rather limited, especially in comparison to other places but there was enough to choose from. I opted for a white pizza, although I asked for it to be with a tomato base originally, but the waitress convinced me to stick with it as it was. I had the Panna with ham, mushrooms cream and cheese. I am glad I did as it was very nice as it was, even though I do like a nice tomato based pizza! My two friends both had red pizzas (again one which was meant to be a white pizza, but asked for tomato instead) and we each tried a bit of the others meals. It was nice to have a bit of a mixture of the red and white pizzas. The pizza base had a lovely texture and was not too thin or crispy as some other places can be.

The restaurant itself is fairly small and a bit out of the way from the town centre, but if you are in the area there are plenty of pubs around there as well, and it is worth visiting if you like pizza. The atmosphere and decor are good, and it is lovely to see the big titled pizza oven at the front of the restaurant!

Reviewed 29 May 2016 via mobile

We decided to try this pizza place as heard so much about the wood burning oven.
We came it was busy, and as we were with a baby I was a bit put off by the lack of space& also told we had to sit by the bar. Not very practical with baby who wants to escape & if he hadn't park the car & it was somewhere else to go there we would probably leave.
But anyway, we ordered the pizza & ate one at the time, pizza wasn't that great, the cheese was coming off the pizza& you had to chase it around the plate alongside the vegetables.
Apparently they do free kids meal but we weren't told.
Personally even if I didn't have baby I would not go back.
Service was great hovewer& watching the chef making pizza in front of us was interesting too.

1  Thank GoodfoodHove
Reviewed 22 May 2016 via mobile

When you walk in you are greeted by the large domed wood fired oven, although the restaurant can get crowded you owe it to you taste buds to get down here and try a slice.

Reviewed 20 May 2016

This is my favourite pizza place in Brighton. It's always busy with a lively atmosphere and the staff always seem really happy and friendly. The value for money is also really great which means we are able to come more often! I tried 'white pizza' for the first time at Fatto, not entirely sure how it would be without tomato on the base but I think it's my new favourite! And just goes to show it's about the quality and flavour of the ingredients. The Salsiccia e Friarielli pizza is absolutely delicious and full of flavour, would definitely recommend this pizza. My only one drawback about this place is that I wish they would have a couple more dessert options.

Reviewed 19 May 2016

Located outside of the centre of Brighton on the London Road leading out of Brighton and close to the Duke Of York's cinema this is a place that draws in punters. For me this restaurant is in a super location and so it would seem for the many customers who flock to this restaurant, making it an always busy buzzy place to be. The two big selling points are fantastic pizzas from a wood-fired oven, and a 'children go free' deal. Add in generous starters (the cold meat platter and the cheese and mozzarella are my favourites); friendly welcoming staff ; and a sensible drinks list and it's no surprise that you have a winning recipe for a family restaurant - and more.