“Lovely Café”

Huffkins at John Lewis Cheltenham
Ranked #204 of 464 Restaurants in Cheltenham
Price range: US$4 - US$21
Description: Our elegant tearoom is located on the first floor of John Lewis Cheltenham, flanked by glass balustrades and overlooking the High Street it's a perfect location to watch the world go by. Whether it's an artisan coffee & cake, an all day breakfast or one of our renowned Classic Afternoon Teas complete with handmade scones & clotted cream we look forward to welcoming you with the best that the Cots
Reviewed 21 August 2021

Visited the Huffkins café within John Lewis for the first time and thoroughly enjoyed my experience. A lovely warm welcome from the staff and a clean and spacious seating area right next to the window. Gorgeous selection of cake, of which I chose the famous lardy cake… delightful! Good looking lunch menu which I will certainly be returning to try.

Date of visit: August 2021
Huffkins John L... C, General Manager at Huffkins at John Lewis Cheltenham, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear K70EUjuliet,

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us a review, especially a five star one. We do hope you will visit us again soon.

general Manager

Write a reviewReviews (48)

Reviewed 14 August 2021 via mobile

We ordered smashed avocado on toast with poached eggs and bacon. What arrived was not smashed avocado but avocado purée from a tub, basic sandwich bread rather than sourdough, and two very thin pieces of bacon. Very poor quality, especially for the price (approx. £9 each). There are much better independent cafés in Cheltenham providing quality ingredients for the same price. Also, no longer serving loose tea but using teabags in pots. No cups and saucers either; not what you’d expect from a place calling itself a tea room!

Dear E3619Lljamesg,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us some feedback. I would really appreciate it if you can contact me via cheltenhamjohnlewis@huffkins.com so I can get some more information about your visit and any further areas you think we can improve on.

We are constantly reviewing our menus and have recently reintroduced the avocado eggs and have had really great feedback however I will take all your comments on board and look to improve the dish further. We do still serve the same tea however it is in biodegradable tea bags instead so the taste should have been the same as it has ever been so I apologise if this wasn't the case when you visited.

I do hope you will contact me as I would like to understand more about how we can improve to ensure we deliver the very best produce we can.

Reviewed 10 August 2021

Walked into Huffkins for a coffee , offered a table and was presented with the option of ordering at the coûter or via the web .
My wife ordered at the counter a cappuciano for herself and a black americano and crossant which I was offered hot or cold . I chose hot .

The americano was extraordinary and tasted predominately like sulphuric hazelnuts , the crossant was slimy on the inside the result of being microwaved or something else . My with commented that her cappuccino did not really taste of coffee but predominantly foamed milk.

We left parting with close on £9 and making no comment as any establishment that cannot serve even the simplest of things would not really understand any comments made .

I vowed last time I had a similar experience in Huffkins Burford 7 years ago I would avoid them in future . So this was purely my fault for breaking a promise .

Dear Alands8339OG,

Thank you for leaving feedback about your recent visit. I would really appreciate it if you can contact me via cheltenhamjohnlewis@huffkins.com as even though you think your feedback doesn't help us I want to ensure you that we take all feedback on board and always strive to improve, so I really do hope you will be in contact.

Reviewed 25 July 2021 via mobile

Excellent cafe within John Lewis food was lovely staff were friendly and very COVID secure would definitely recommend

Date of visit: June 2021
Huffkins John L... C, General Manager at Huffkins at John Lewis Cheltenham, responded to this reviewResponded 8 August 2021

Dear Jules2809,

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us a review, especially a five star one. We do hope you can visit us again soon.

Reviewed 10 July 2021

I visited Huffkins in John Lewis with my 2 daughters, we all enjoyed a light lunch. One minor problem was very quickly rectified by Jenny who was very apologetic and more than made amends. Thank you Jenny, you made our trip even more special. The cakes are delicious

Date of visit: July 2021
Huffkins John L... C, General Manager at Huffkins at John Lewis Cheltenham, responded to this reviewResponded 22 July 2021

Dear Lind6637,

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us a review. We are so happy to hear you enjoyed your visit and that Jenny made your visit so special. We do hope you will visit us again soon to try some more of our delicious cakes.