Hotel du Vin Cheltenham
US$324
US$88
US$78
US$186
The Rising Sun Hotel(Cleeve Hill)(Great Value!)
US$85
  • Breakfast included
US$105
PremierInn.com
1,088 results
All reviewsroll top bathmonsoon showerjunior suitesunday nightnespresso machinean upgrademini barlovely hotelfree standing bathfood and winereception staffstandard roomwalk in showerservice at breakfastgreat roomlimited parkingspecial occasion
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We booked for Easter Sunday for lunch but on arriving we found it was four courses only! We explained we didn’t require four courses to be told there was no alternative, When we replied saying we wouldn’t be staying, only then were we told we could have one course and so we decided to stay. Shortly after being seated a waitress came over and her first and only words wee, “do you know what you want”? No welcome or customer service here, we’ve had better service in our local pub! We ordered two roasts which were very average with a mix of under and over cooked roast potatoes which I could cooked better myself. During our meal the same waitress then reached across my husbands meal as he was eating to grab an empty glass...no excuse me either! On requesting the bill the same waitress eventually returned and so we explained we were not paying the service charge...she didn’t ask why but my husband described the sub standard service and we received a lame apology. We left feeling disappointed at the service and food. We then remembered why we only go to the Hotel du vin once a year ...because it is consistently disappointing!

Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
2  Thank lizr935
Chris T, General Manager at Hotel du Vin Cheltenham, responded to this reviewResponded 1 week ago

Dear lizr935,

Thank you for the comments following you recent experience with us for lunch on Easter Sunday.

I am sorry to hear that you continue to have disappointing standards of food and service when dining with us - please be assured that you feedback has been taken on board and reviewed with the team in the bistro. The service we expect to provide our guests is much higher than what you have commented that you received so for this I am truly sorry and would like to assure you that we are working hard to ensure these standards are improved.

Best wishes

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We were going to London for a concert so booked one night on the way. We were not disappointed the hotel has parking, the staff pleasant, the room spacious and the food very nice indeed. We did pay for an upgrade so the room was quite big with an enornous shower and rolltop bath. The only criticism I could give was that the pillows were very soft, so did not give neck support. The hotel is in walking distance from the shops so gives a great opportunity to shop and visit bars and restaurants.

Room Tip: Upgrade to a better room, bigger bathrooms and pleasant view of the street.
Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple

Dear Valerie R,

Thank you for the kind comment following your recent experience with us, its great to hear you had a nice stay and that you found the team to be friendly and enjoyed your meal in the bistro!

Next time you are staying with us, let us know in advance and we will make sure you have some firmer pillows!

Kind regards

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

This is our third visit using this hotel each time, the junior suites rooms are lovely and each one is different. The location is 5 minutes from the centre of town and in easy reach of the lovely area of Montpellier. The staff are great, friendly and willing to share their views on where to visit, drink and eat in town.
Our only disappointment this time was the removal of the spa as getting a massage here was an incredible extra treat.

Room Tip: Junior suites have brialliant bathrooms, huge showers and roll top baths, just lovely
Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
Chris T, General Manager at Hotel du Vin Cheltenham, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear North-Fire,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us again for another weekend trip to Cheltenham!

Its great to hear the comments about the team, and I have shared your feedback with them.

Whilst we no longer have a spa on site here, our sister property Malmaison just a ahort walk from the hotel does have a spa which our guests may use.

Kind regards

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

I stayed in the Raoul Collet room for one night whilst on a business trip in Cheltenham. All I can say is it has totally spoilt me for future business trips! I loved the spacious, comfortable and characterful room. It was very well appointed and the roll top bath and monsoon shower were wonderful. The bed was large and comfy too. The only thing I was a little disappointed with was my room service dinner; in my opinion the Arnold Bennet omelette was a little greasy and the pomme frites undercooked. However, the breakfast in the bistro the next morning more than made up for it and I highly recommend the breakfast "Country Table".

Stayed: March 2018, travelled on business

Dear Jelliekat,

Thank you for the great feedback following you recent business trip - and loved the room, its my favourite of the executive rooms!

I am sorry to hear that the room service food wasn't up to standard and have passed this comment back to the team in the kitchen, but great to hear that your breakfast made up for it!

We look forward to welcoming you back next time you are in Cheltenham for business

Best wishes

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Went for lunch with my sister and our babies was lovely and peaceful, staff are so excellent and go above and beyond. The atmosphere is fab and the decor even better well worth the price for food as good quality and portion size

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with friends

Dear Powe92,

Thank you for the wonderful review of your recent lunch experience. I was delighted to hear that the service the staff provided was so excellent and they went above and beyond your expectations!

I have shared your comments with the team and we look forward to welcoming you back again soon

Best wishes,