“Hearty food and a hearty welcome.”
Review of The Butchers Arms

The Butchers Arms
Ranked #2 of 150 Restaurants in Stroud
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

A varied menu with something for everyone. Nothing is too much trouble for James and his team to adapt to your needs.

2  Thank Karen H

Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

My family and I used to love going to this pub for the atmosphere and the amazing food. Particularly the stone baked pizzas and the chicken burger which was incredible. It was with slight disappointment when I visited last night that I saw a new face behind the bar and new style menus on the table. Without wanting to pass judgment prior to trying the food (please be aware the hospitality was still brilliant and the new staff were lovely) I ordered the chicken burger. Unfortunately the burger is not a patch on its former self and in my opinion although the menu is the same the food has dropped in quality by a long way. The burger was lacking any quality additions, didn't look as good, and the pizza my girlfriend had war like something you would get after a heavy night out from a high street kebab house, not the lovely stone baked ones we used to have.

So really it is a shame that the food has gone down hill because I still like the pub and the new team seem really nice and helpful. I hope the food picks up, but I can't see it doing so unless their attitude to ingredients quality and aesthetics dramatically changes. So just be aware now if you are returning and expecting the same food as pre March Butchers Arms.

4  Thank alexharris26
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

A true country pub with outstanding food and hospitality that goes above & beyond, James & his team couldn’t do enough for our group of 6. The food we had was faultless & something you would expect in a city centre pub, this pub is hidden out the way in the back and beyond in Oakridge Lynch.
Well done to the butchers arms, we can’t wait to come again. Keep up the hard work!

1  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We had a lovely little lunch on our walkover to Oakridge Lynch at The Butchers Arms. Discovered it's just been taken over and a new menu from great host James. A nicely balanced menu with something for everyone and reasonable prices.
Good also to hear that James was planning to serve food all day/night for us who prefer a late lunch and frustrated sometimes by the food finishing at 2.30 elsewhere and that dogs are still welcome in the bar.
Good luck and we'll be seeing you some more times I'm sure!!

1  Thank Brizzle67
Reviewed 28 February 2018 via mobile

We went for lunch this afternoon, lovely food. Lovely proprietor, very accommodating. Sounds as though he has some good plans for the pub in the very near future. Good luck.

1  Thank Thomas Q
James J, Manager at The Butchers Arms, responded to this reviewResponded 7 March 2018

Thank you for the 5 star review Thomas, we do have a very exciting few months a head of us.

We look forward to welcoming you again in the near future.

Best wishes,