1,271 results
All reviews pancake machine gunwharf quays health club swimming pool sauna and steam room minute walk the hotel car park leisure centre sea front clarence pier isle of wight historic dockyard stayed here for one night short break family room quiet location spinnaker tower
Reviewed 6 July 2016 via mobile

Lovely hotel great location to the ferry crossing. Food little expensive for what it is but not bad quality! Breakfast is amazing as all holiday inns!! One thing that niggled me was that we got given the wrong room, we wanted a double and got a family room not that I complained but during our evening meal the receptionist came over to us and stated we was in the wrong room like it was our fault. When actually she gave us the wrong room, needs to work on her people skills and dealing with guests. I was more upset with the fact someone (a stranger ) had gone into our room with all our belongings in there. Luckily everything was still in place! Overall cleanliness and all other staff perfect!!

Stayed: June 2016, travelled with family
EmilydW283, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Portsmouth, responded to this reviewResponded 11 July 2016

Dear lozzaxmx S,

Thankyou for taking the time to review your stay with Holiday Inn Portsmouth.

I'm delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay overall but sorry you had to deal with that one issue - we take pride in our customer service and that should not have happened. Please accept my apologies - I will try and do some investigation and find out who it was.

Thankyou for your positive comments regarding the other staff, cleanliness of the hotel and the breakfast.

Reviewed 6 July 2016

Stayed in a refurbished standard room which was adequate if not a little poorly finished, but the bed was comfortable and sufficient for my business needs. A little more attention to detail in regard to the paint and fittings finish would have assured better quality in the room. One lift defective for the whole stay, but being located on the 4th floor I used the stairs most of the time.
The bar area was good and well kept, as was the dining area. The food is good with a range of pub type grub at very reasonable prices.

The hotel is in a great location close to the promenade and Gunwharf Quays with great views down the seafront or across the Solent (higher floors), but what stood out most for me was the attentiveness and friendliness of the staff. In the bar, restaurant and reception the staff were always polite, helpful and courteous with a smile, which made the stay all the better. A special thanks to Margret, Sarkis and Sui.

Room Tip: Standard rooms are ok but rather small.
  • Stayed: June 2016, travelled on business

Dear TeamApples,

Thankyou for taking the time to review your stay with Holiday Inn Portsmouth.

I'm delighted to hear you enjoyed your recent stay with us and thankyou for all of your feedback - without it we wouldn't be able to continually improve our standards. I'm sorry your newly refurbished room was poorly finished, I will speak to the maintenance manager about that.

Customer service is of utmost importance to us so it's wonderful to hear that the staff made your stay all the better - it makes all of our hard work worthwhile. I will pass on your kind words to those 3 members of staff.

Reviewed 6 July 2016

Went there for a quick weekend break, all fine. The hotel is a bit far from both the harbour and the outlet. Overall the place is nice and clean (holiday inn standard) and the restaurant proved itself not bad at all.
Retrospectively I would suggest to purchase the breakfast in advance, since going in any decent place around won't cost any kess.
There is a gym and swimming pool apparently

Room Tip: If you have a hgc card you will have free wi fi
  • Stayed: July 2016, travelled as a couple

Dear Carl022i,

Thankyou for taking the time to review your stay with Holiday Inn Portsmouth.

I'm pleased to hear that all was fine for your recent stay and thankyou for your feedback. The hotel is about 15 minutes walk from the harbour and shopping centre but there is a bus service from outside the hotel that will take you there if walking isn't an option. We do have a health club here, I'm sorry you didn't have time to take advantage of the facilities.

Reviewed 4 July 2016

we usually stay at the Maritime Club in Queens Street, but on this occaision it was fully booked so chose to book in at the Holiday Inn which we had heard of as being a good choice this was confirmed by a short stay of three nights, I am disabled with limited walking ability and the receptionist sorted us out with a room on the ground floor very close to the entrance, reception , and restrurant breakfast area we found the hotel tidy, clean and very pleasant place to stay, Taxis are plentyful and inexpensive to travel from the hotel to the dockyard or the town. the receptionist was very helpful and quite knowledgeable about the area, There was good information on the television the room we stayed in was very comfortable, The shower room was one of the best of any at hotel we have stayed at in the past with a really good shower. I would like a similar one at home, My wife and I would like to thank you all and also thank Tristan from South Afrrica who looked after us at Breakfast and was very courteous. We look forward to a further stay at this venue. Thank You all at Holiday Inn MY Best Regards J Turner Addlestone

• Stayed: July 2016, travelled with friends
EmilydW283, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Portsmouth, responded to this reviewResponded 5 July 2016

Dear jet12,

Thankyou for taking the time to review your stay with Holiday Inn Portsmouth.

I'm delighted to hear that you enjoyed your recent stay with us having previously used the Maritime Club and thankyou for your positive feedback with regards to the hotel cleanliness and your shower room. Customer service is of utmost importance to us so I'm pleased that you found the staff looked after you well and I will pass on your thanks to Tristan.

Reviewed 3 July 2016

Been stopping here for years whilst visiting events at nearby good wood currently being refurbished so car park very busy however they provided us with free parking on the road Rachel in reception was very pleasant at all times predicable holiday inn rooms

Room Tip: Ask for an executive room
  • Stayed: June 2016, travelled with friends

Dear david w,

Thankyou for taking the time to review your stay with Holiday Inn Portsmouth.

I'm delighted to hear that you use this hotel when visiting events at Goodwood and thankyou for your positive feedback. I will pass on your kind words to Rachel - we take pride in our customer service so it makes all of our hard work worthwhile.

Thankyou again and we look forward to welcoming you back soon.